Mango Car Service????

ilovelucy

I've been living in NYC for 25 years and have never heard of them. We've only ever used Carmel or Dial 7. Used to use Four 1's, but not in a while.

Is Dial 7 a good service? I believe that is one that would come to the Holiday Inn Laguadia to pick us up as well.

Being from the area for 25 years maybe you could telll me, is the area where this hotel is located a safe place to leave our car for 12 days? The hotel is offering free parking for 7 days and we pay for the 5 remaining days. Lots less than the port parking.

Thanks

Is Dial 7 a good service? I believe that is one that would come to the Holiday Inn Laguadia to pick us up as well.

Being from the area for 25 years maybe you could telll me, is the area where this hotel is located a safe place to leave our car for 12 days? The hotel is offering free parking for 7 days and we pay for the 5 remaining days. Lots less than the port parking.

Thanks

Dial 7 has always been pretty reliable. We've never had an issue with them.

As for parking at the hotel and leaving it there for the week, I honestly don't know. We're typical New Yorkers and don't even own a car. We rent when we have to drive anywhere. I'd imagine, however, your car would be fine, but that's the best I can tell you. Sorry!

Dial 7 has always been pretty reliable. We've never had an issue with them.

As for parking at the hotel and leaving it there for the week, I honestly don't know. We're typical New Yorkers and don't even own a car. We rent when we have to drive anywhere. I'd imagine, however, your car would be fine, but that's the best I can tell you. Sorry!

Funny how you say typical nyers don't own a car. That is so true! I didn't own a car when I moved up to ny from fl for ten years. Then I met my hubby from Atlanta. He moved up here and he was so adamant about having a car. So he brought his up.

For original poster. If you can take a bus to the cruise terminal or train. Then cab it to the pier then I would recommend that.

Funny how you say typical nyers don't own a car. That is so true! I didn't own a car when I moved up to ny from fl for ten years. .

Married in 1995, in apartment in Brooklyn 3 blocks from Subway (guess which line...see handle), got rid of car in 1997 and car free since.

We now use Zipcar at least once a month for warehouse type shopping. Always use them on Christmas ;).

Will even take subway to cruise if it is 4 days or less.

FWIW

Never seen them nor heard of them - regardless, ask them for their current & official NYC T&L License Number - then, use this link to run your own check on their operation - hopefully, you will be pleasantly surprised.

BTW, the typical T&C No assigned is like # B0xxxx (3 or 4 digits) and listed on the website & promotional info for the business. The website given by YELP don't exist - has an "inactive" FB presence since 2012, as a "travel agency" promoting luxury limo transportation. :p TLC database check is coming up blank or "no hits" at all. No a good sign at all, but I stand corrected if anyone have verifiable public records/info.

The 5 largest licensed car service in NYC are:

GRAND LIMO & CAR SERVICE INC.

DIAL 7 CAR & LIMOUSINE SERVICE INC.

FAST OPERATING CORP (a/k/a Carmel C/L)

3210 WEBSTER AV PRESTIGE C/S

FIRST CLASS C/L SVC CORP

Latest search results - not currently licensed/active with TLC

TLC Licensed Base – Luxury Limousine #B02478

MANGO SEDANS LLC :

265 WEST 37 STREET 5FL.

New York, New York 10018

Short summary - appeared that they are acting as a "broker" outsourcing or contracting with other black car service. Personally, we prefer Carmel (or use Dial 7) both of which with about 800 vehicles each in their fleet serving the NYC market. Proceed on your own. :eek: & Good Luck ! Please feel free to share your experience afterward.

Edited by mking8288