Public transportation from airport to Hotel Europark

joyus

After reading posts here, it seems public transportation may be a good option to get from the airport to Barcelona centre. Has anyone taken the bus or train on this route? If so, which would you recommend?

I know many would probably recommend taking a taxi but I'd like to consider getting there this way if it's relatively easy. It just my DH and I with probably 1 med. luggage and 1 or 2 carry-ons. Our plane arrives at 9:40am.

After reading posts here, it seems public transportation may be a good option to get from the airport to Barcelona centre. Has anyone taken the bus or train on this route? If so, which would you recommend?

I know many would probably recommend taking a taxi but I'd like to consider getting there this way if it's relatively easy. It just my DH and I with probably 1 med. luggage and 1 or 2 carry-ons. Our plane arrives at 9:40am.

Of course your option...but after a flight from Florida (if that's where you'll be flying from according to your profile). Why not just take a taxi..much easier and a more direct approach regardless of how little luggage you have...Do you really want to be in a new unfamilure city trying to manuver public transportation, language possible considerations and with any amount of luggage ?...Most would say no.

There are two public transport options to get from the airport to Europark hotel

1. By train.

If you are arriving at terminal 2 follow the signs for RENFE. If you are arriving at terminal 1 you will need to catch the free shuttle bus that runs between terminal 1 and the train station.

Take the train to Passeig de Gràcia. The trains run about every 30 minutes and the journey takes about 25 minutes.

The cost of the journey is €4.10 per person.

From Passeig de Gràcia station you can either take the metro one stop to Girona station which is about 200 yards from your hotel or you could walk from Passeig de Gràcia in about 10 minutes. To be honest I don’t think it is worth the one stop on the metro as it is such a short walk.

2. By Aerobus

The buses from the airport run about every 5 minutes and cost €5.90 per person and take about 25 minutes.

Get off the bus at Plaça Catalunya. To get to your hotel by metro you would need to change (one stop, change, then one stop more) or you could walk in about 15-20 minutes.

In my opinion, if you want to use public transport, because of where your hotel is situated, I would recommend the train option.

Bear in mind that for the train you can purchase a T10 multi journey ticket for €10.30 for use on these trains, the metro and buses in Barcelona. So that would be equivalent to €5.15 each but still give you 8 more journeys (4 each) to use on the metro during your stay.

For comparison a taxi would cost about €25-30 but will be door to door.

Don’t forget if you go by public transport you will have to find your hotel. If you go by taxi the driver will know where it is. This is always important to me when arriving in a strange city for the first time.