RCL water shuttle in Venice

Does anyone know how late the RCL shuttles run in Venice. We will be there on a Sunday night and I believe the People Mover to Piazza Roma stops at around 10PM so we are hoping to come up with an alternative way to get back to the port.

Mary

Does anyone know how late the RCL shuttles run in Venice. We will be there on a Sunday night and I believe the People Mover to Piazza Roma stops at around 10PM so we are hoping to come up with an alternative way to get back to the port.

Mary

There are alit of other easy options

Private boat works well

The ferry is not that reliable time wise and would not rely on it due numbers and time

Private is only about another ten euro

Not so bad

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mary

Hi Mary,

When we were there in June the RCI water shuttle ran until 10p.m. on the first day and then from 8a.m until 6p.m on the second. It was expensive at €28 for one day pass and €50 for 2 day pass. The vaparetto (local water bus) is €7 per trip which leaves from Piazza Roma opposite where the people mover drops you. The biggest problem for me with the RCI shuttle is that it does not travel along the Grand canal which for me is one of the most fantastic experiences in Venice. For example cruising under the Rialto Bridge and there is also a great Rick Steves podcast of a guided tour of the grand canal as you take the Vaparetto. We did not head back towards the ship until after 11 p.m and the people mover had stopped by then so we simply walked ( the easy 10 minute walk) back to the ship using the over head track of the people mover as a guide. There were other people doing it at the time also so it did not feel unsafe. Finally private taxi boats are notoriously expensive in Venice, although we did not use one this time, when we were there previously a 20 minute trip cost €100.

Whatever you decide to do you will have a wonderful time in Venice.

Catherine

We were in Venice at the end of July and I agree with everything IrishCath posted - it was the same on our cruise.

We had planned to take the vaparetto. On the 2nd day in Venice, we got a 12-hour vaparetto pass for 18 euro per person. We bought the pass at the vaparetto stop at Piazzale Roma and boarded the vaparetto there.

Enjoy Venice - it's one of our favorite cities!