ESTA - rejection at immigration

PurpleMoonlight

Yes, this sort of thing is one of my pet peeves. We commit ourselves to a person and his/her problems. Sometimes we spend time researching an answer or checking our own diaries in order to help. Some people are fantastic and thank us for our time and thought and then come back to tell us their decision or experience. Others show no sign that they even read our post, or put the same question in a new thread (often a better place for it) but without acknowledgement or thanks of the help they've received elsewhere. Rant over! ;)
Couldn't agree more fantasy51, thank you for posting this.

I especially dislike the rude people you mention above. Many times I've read answers from experienced and knowledgeable members where it is very obvious that much research, cross-referencing and time spent digging out old daily programmes had been done, and there is a explanatory answer full of advice and detail. The response, far-too-often is, sadly... silence by the person who posed the question.

As you say, sometimes not even "thanks" :mad: .

Subsequently some here, I would imagine, wonder if it is worth answering questions at all...

Sincere best wishes to you, and as you said "Rant over" :)

Edited by pepperrn

If you are posting just to get a cyber pat on the back you are surely going to be disappointed.

I was brought up to say 'please' and 'thank you'. While getting a 'thank you' is not at all my purpose for helping others, it is so ingrained in me to say 'thank you' myself that it comes as a shock when it does not happen.

... If you are posting just to get a cyber pat on the back you are surely going to be disappointed.
Thank you for your useful and informative comment, and all best wishes to whichever cruise-line you choose for your trips, happy sailings for the future. Edited by pepperrn

Personally I post on forums because I enjoy helping others where I can, and conversing with people with similar interests. I voluntarily give my time freely and expect nothing in return.

If you are posting just to get a cyber pat on the back you are surely going to be disappointed.

Too true, some people on here take it FAR too seriously!!

I was brought up to say 'please' and 'thank you'. While getting a 'thank you' is not at all my purpose for helping others, it is so ingrained in me to say 'thank you' myself that it comes as a shock when it does not happen.

Good manners are never wrong or out of date! Thanks for the well timed reminder...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nana541, I do love your avatar. I've tried several ways to enlarge it to get a better look at it with no success. Oh well! I'll enjoy what I see.

fantasy, I like it too...it looks like an illustration by Mary Engelbreit, or at least it's in the same style. If you google her name + images, you might be able to find a larger image.

In addition to books and other items, Engelbreit has a line of greeting cards. One of my favorites is her illustration of two women sitting at a table, obviously enjoying themselves. The caption is "It's not so much what's on the table that matters as what's on the chairs.":) Cheers, -S.

Nana541, I do love your avatar. I've tried several ways to enlarge it to get a better look at it with no success. Oh well! I'll enjoy what I see.

It is sooo cute and it is me! I can send it to you..... First I'll see if I can't find it on the Internet and then I'll post a link :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It is sooo cute and it is me! I can send it to you..... First I'll see if I can't find it on the Internet and then I'll post a link :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wow, nana, that's pretty cool! Did you pose for Englebreit, or did she work from a photo?

Larger versions of the illustration can be found here: http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogIdentifier=2&partNumber=882740&langid=-1&cid=PS:GooglePLAs:882740&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=882740&KPID=882740&kpid=882740&gclid=CObMkPP58sACFSdp7AodPVQAHQ and here http://www.maryengelbreit.com/store/im-in-charge-here-lesson-book.html

Edited by Salacia

fantasy, I like it too...it looks like an illustration by Mary Engelbreit, or at least it's in the same style. If you google her name + images, you might be able to find a larger image.

In addition to books and other items, Engelbreit has a line of greeting cards. One of my favorites is her illustration of two women sitting at a table, obviously enjoying themselves. The caption is "It's not so much what's on the table that matters as what's on the chairs.":) Cheers, -S.

I had wondered if it was Engelbreit. I had never heard of her but Google is very clever and did a search for the image, but what it came up with did not seem exactly the same.

I love the caption you quoted! Now that's true to life.

Oh no no u wish she did it for me! It just "is me".... :)

I love it and I think it came from the ME website!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums