bringing wine on bard

k9golden

Am trying to figure out Cunard's policy regarding wine purchased in ports of call. It said "no restrictions..." Does that actually mean that we can purchase wine in the various towns that we visit and bring it "openly" back on board without them holding it until we disembark. I've sailed other cruise lines and their policy was to hold any purchases until we disembarked. I want to be able to drink it on my balcony on board!! :)

Am trying to figure out Cunard's policy regarding wine purchased in ports of call. It said "no restrictions..." Does that actually mean that we can purchase wine in the various towns that we visit and bring it "openly" back on board without them holding it until we disembark. I've sailed other cruise lines and their policy was to hold any purchases until we disembarked. I want to be able to drink it on my balcony on board!! :)

You can bring on board as much as you can carry.

andhow

• 1 month later...

When i went on feb 2014 qm2 cruise i was strictly told by sydney cunard booking office that i was not allowed to take any wine on board with me when i embarked at Fremantle. So i was really annoyed when i found out after Sydney embarkion that we could have bought wine when ashore and brought it on board. So dont go buying heaps but definitely buy some of your own. I will be next time and will keep it in my room.

We are considering bringing some of our own wine as well. I'm under the impression that there is a 20$ corkage fee........Is that correct?

Yes, $20.

Additional information (for whatever it's worth) are in the Passage Contract, Section 5, found here: http://www.cunard.com/legal-information/

Note: That's the USA Passage Contract - I don't know if bookings made in other countries have differing contracts.

Edited by Salacia

Hi K9Golden. You asked this same question twice. I notice the other thread has now moved further down the list to page 3 (I think). Just in case you couldn't find it, here are the answers given on your earlier thread.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2086904

Edited by fantasy51

Thanks Fantasy51 for adding that link. I was about to ask if you can bring spirits on board. I do like a G&T on the balcony before dinner :-) (or after dinner, or in the afternoon or whenever the mood takes me :-)

Cheers

Pat