How to book?

pls5286

My soon to be DH and I are looking at taking all of our kids on a Disney Cruise most likely in Spring 2016, due to the new restrictions on infant ages. What would be the best way to book with the ages of the kids?

Me-39

Him-39

Baby ~9 mos

DS1-19

DS2-19

DS2GF-17 or just turned 18

DD1-16

DD2-13

My soon to be DH and I are looking at taking all of our kids on a Disney Cruise most likely in Spring 2016, due to the new restrictions on infant ages. What would be the best way to book with the ages of the kids?

Me-39

Him-39

Baby ~9 mos

DS1-19

DS2-19

DS2GF-17 or just turned 18

DD1-16

DD2-13

Firstly best to book via a DCL TA and let them get you quotes and abounding rooms.

You will need two or more rooms, concierge what you want, Cat 4s that can sleep 5 will be best as the beds are bigger for adult children.

Top bunks can't take adults.

The biggest room on the Wonder and Magic takes seven that's the Walt so even with that you need another room. On the newer ships the royals take less.

You will want to instruct your TA to book on opening day to get the best price and save a lot there, they should give you on board credits for it.

Work out,

Your dates,

Your cruise budget,

And contact a DCL TA

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

What you can do is book the 18- and 19-year-olds into a stateroom by themselves, but not with anyone under 18. So book the older teens into one room, then split the parents and remaining children (including the GF) into the other 2 rooms. You can always re-arrange who sleeps where once you are onboard.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Top bunks hold 220 pounds. Many adults are fine in them.

I echo the recommendation of a great TA who specializes in DCL. They can look at what you want and the best way to get that for the least money. And many will give you an onboard credit for booking with them as well!

18-20s can be in room by themselves but can't have a minor in the room. 21 and up can have their own rooms with anyone else. This is for BOOKING. DCL doesn't care who sleeps where, only who books where. You can BOOK you in a room with a couple kids and him in a room with a couple of kids. You can then sleep with the two adults in one room and divide the kids as you see fit.

If I'm counting right, there are 8 of you. You COULD do 2 rooms, but you'd be happier in 3.

I would caution you against booking via Travelocity. We used them because they offered a $200 onboard credit ($ based on the cost of the cruise) and we never got it. We did not find out that we would not get it until we were onboard the ship of course, and we had no way of emailing Travelocity once on the ship, so we were out of luck.

Hope you have a great cruising experience!

Top bunks hold 220 pounds. Many adults are fine in them.

I echo the recommendation of a great TA who specializes in DCL. They can look at what you want and the best way to get that for the least money. And many will give you an onboard credit for booking with them as well!

18-20s can be in room by themselves but can't have a minor in the room. 21 and up can have their own rooms with anyone else. This is for BOOKING. DCL doesn't care who sleeps where' date=' only who books where. You can BOOK you in a room with a couple kids and him in a room with a couple of kids. You can then sleep with the two adults in one room and divide the kids as you see fit.

If I'm counting right, there are 8 of you. You COULD do 2 rooms, but you'd be happier in 3.[/quote']

I on my 12 night cruise had conversations with many people there was a family of four we shared a trip with and they had two teenage children both complained that they were far too big for bunk beds, at another conversation with a family I know who research on Internet forums it was the same thing,

Top bunks even bottom bunks are only comfortable for children up to mid teenage. Anything else like an adult will lead to an uncomfortable sleep and bad cruise.

I on my 12 night cruise had conversations with many people there was a family of four we shared a trip with and they had two teenage children both complained that they were far too big for bunk beds, at another conversation with a family I know who research on Internet forums it was the same thing,

Top bunks even bottom bunks are only comfortable for children up to mid teenage. Anything else like an adult will lead to an uncomfortable sleep and bad cruise.

Not true in my case. I'm an adult (and not exactly on the petite side!) who has slept on both the bottom and top bunks. Never had an uncomfortable sleep or a bad cruise!

Not true in my case. I'm an adult (and not exactly on the petite side!) who has slept on both the bottom and top bunks. Never had an uncomfortable sleep or a bad cruise!

Yes,

As said two different families, one had children 18 and 15 and both said not comfortable, then another similar conversation on a separate meeting.

Yes,

As said two different families, one had children 18 and 15 and both said not comfortable, then another similar conversation on a separate meeting.

Oh OK - I didn't realise third party conversations and sweeping statements trump personal experience :confused:

Oh OK - I didn't realise third party conversations and sweeping statements trump personal experience :confused:

I didn't say anything at all re trumping anyone else, you have just made that up, not sweeping statements either!

Two conversations, two weeks ago with young adults who at that time couldn't sleep and were tired due to their experience. So you take that as hearsay that's up to you, but I also in the past had Cat 4s and stopped using them as the bunk beds were too uncomfortable and too small for them, with their feet outside the beds.

For people reading here they want to read all of the information, you stated your view I gave stayed my view, the beds have had a significant effect on these two families vacations. While people here post that the beds can take.....reality is very very difficult for full grown people.

We are not playing a vane of trumping each other here but giving readers information, clearly you want to censor the information I gave as you feel it's hearsay. There are posters hear giving information each day who haven't been on a Disney ship for three years, not on the new ships and still comment by hearsay each and every day. My comment was based on two recent conversations, I think that's relevant and direct.

I say don't worry about the comfort of the couch and bunk bed. Remind them they are on a free-to-them cruise if they complain! They can rotate who gets the real beds if necessary! 😃 Book yourself in a balcony and kids in insides across the hall! 😃

I say don't worry about the comfort of the couch and bunk bed. Remind them they are on a free-to-them cruise if they complain! They can rotate who gets the real beds if necessary! [emoji2] Book yourself in a balcony and kids in insides across the hall! [emoji2]

Good point.

The lad who is at University fell asleep on our private tour, lack of sleep, too long for the bed.

I slept on the couch bed (not the upper bunk) on our last cruise. True, it is not as comfortable as the regular bed, but it worked. Since the large bed can no longer be split on the Magic, this will be the preferredd option for some.

Earlier comment that "top beds can't take adults" is not true. There is a 220 pound weight limit. Adults may choose to not sleep there or may decide that they are not comfortable there--I wouldn't be comfortable climbing the ladder--but that's different than saying that the bed "can't take" adults.