QoS features on future Celebrity Ships?

Tommy3putts

In know there was speculation earlier this summer with the Meyerwerft acquisition of STX Finland that there may be orders forthcoming for new Celebrity ships. I've been following the float out of QoS on the RCI boards and it really is a fabulous looking ship...with the exception of the hideous bear. There is a Solstice class look to it.

Are we seeing a potential new class of Celebrity ships to be built at the Meyer shipyard?

In know there was speculation earlier this summer with the Meyerwerft acquisition of STX Finland that there may be orders forthcoming for new Celebrity ships. I've been following the float out of QoS on the RCI boards and it really is a fabulous looking ship...with the exception of the hideous bear. There is a Solstice class look to it.

Are we seeing a potential new class of Celebrity ships to be built at the Meyer shipyard?

Sometime after 2019 would be my guess, then it will be a matter of capacity.

Will celebrity want to build more ships S class size or lager to replace the M class ships? Or build ships in the 2000-2509 passenger range.

I too have been following the building of the Quantum of the Seas... What a fabulous sail out yesterday.

And yes, she does look a lot like her Celebrity S-Class Cousins...

As for NEW Celebrity Ships... This has been a topic before

Right now nothing official in the works

But if you look at Celebrity's History between the Classes... C, M and S there is a pattern of retirements / new builds in the 13 to 20 year mark.

The M Class Ships date back to 2001 now... So we are in that window (last C-Class The Century will be retired in 2015)

I think "right now" that Celebrity is in good shape as far as numbers... The ships seem to sail fully loaded more often than not.

The S-Class Ships represent a lot of berths to fill every week all year long... And current marketing seems to be delivering on that front.

I think specifically here to the Canadian program that Celebrity is running for the Caribbean out of Eastern Canada with flight charters to fill two of the S-Class Ships out of Ft Lauderdale & Miami in our coldest months.

And I understand that they are running similar programming overseas (specifically Australia) to fill S-Class ships stationed there.

Building a ship is a huge process from beginning to end... More so if it is a new class of ship.

I am guessing that as the Ms retire there will be an announcement on this front... And it could very well be a new class... Bigger, smaller, relatively the same is anyone's guess at this point in time

I expect tho that the new ships will not be physically launched until 2019 or 2020

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB