Ultimate Dining Package Questions

gstratus

We booked the package. Can you make reservations before you get on ship? If so, how do you do. I've read some comments about people making reservations in specialty restaurants, but my travel agent says I don't have to make them and even if I could, I cannot until I get on the ship.

Log into MyNCL on NCL.com and click in Explore and Plan, then Dining. You can reserve times through there, although, I've never had to much of an issue just calling ahead or stopping by while on the ship. I prefer to have the flexibility. What if there is a great show or activity you do to want to miss?

Sure, you can make them before. But, as you will find out, many people just wait until they have a better idea where and when they want to eat onboard.

.....this year, since I'm part of the "Suite Life", I'll defer my reservations to the concierge.

:cool:

Even though I'm not a virgin to the "Suite Life" (I had a suite on my Honeymoon), I didn't know what I was doing then, I had no experience. I hope it will be better this time.

;)

wasiii

Edited by wasiii

I'm brand new to NCL and purchased the UDP. I've made my reservations for dining via NCL's website. It was easy to do, but I was frustrated that you can add only one reservation at a time then you check out (even though your balance is $0) and it kicks you out of the dining section and you have to go back in. Not very user-friendly. But, got it done. :o I didn't have any trouble getting the times I wanted and figure if I want to change the time, I'll do that once I get on board--I'm assuming I'm not locked in. :o I'm looking forward to trying such a wide variety of dining options.

Darn autocorrect has terrible grammar... That's "don't want to miss."

Did you know you can edit your post after you've submitted it? You have something like 20 minutes. You'll see an "edit" button in the lower right of the post--just click it, make your changes, and resubmit it. :)

Best part of the udp... Going to multiple restaurants a night.

We would go to a 5/530 place for apps then dinner at 8. And then to a diff place for dessert depending on what we were in the mood for

You can use it at multiple restaurants in same night, or the same restaurant every night. Cannot be used at Ocean Blue or the sushi bar. We usually eat late -- 8:30 or 9. My husband is a large man with a big appetite. He and his brother would often go the the Italian place and order pizza or appetizers and beer or wine at 5 or so when they opened, then we would all go to dinner at Cagneys or Moderno later that night. The one night, we actually went to a third restaurant - LeBistro, just to get the chocolate fondue. So worth it to us.

Terry

Thanks, Terry and Snow Bunny! :-)

So, my next question: is there a limit to the number of times you can use the UDP, i.e. seven visits (or whatever) during your cruise?

Cheers!

No maximum number of visits per cruise.

You can use it at multiple restaurants in same night, or the same restaurant every night. Cannot be used at Ocean Blue or the sushi bar. We usually eat late -- 8:30 or 9. My husband is a large man with a big appetite. He and his brother would often go the the Italian place and order pizza or appetizers and beer or wine at 5 or so when they opened, then we would all go to dinner at Cagneys or Moderno later that night. The one night, we actually went to a third restaurant - LeBistro, just to get the chocolate fondue. So worth it to us.

Terry

^^^This. Another good use of the UDP is for pizza. The 24/7 pizza is reported to be terrible and costs $4.95 which is not included on the UDP. Instead, go to La Cucina and order a pizza from them to go. .. it's included on the UDP! In fact, order an appetizer & dessert to go with it. .. also included.

Another bonus. .. you don't have to pay the up charge for higher price menu items at the specialty restaurants either. However, you DO have to pay the $10 charge if you want a second entrée at the same sitting at any specialty venue.

Edited by Kenlorz

Best part of the udp... Going to multiple restaurants a night.

We would go to a 5/530 place for apps then dinner at 8. And then to a diff place for dessert depending on what we were in the mood for

I love this idea! I could eat creme brûlée every night. I have been really debating on getting the UDP and this reason just might make me do it. ;)

Another bonus. .. you don't have to pay the up charge for higher price menu items at the specialty restaurants either. However, you DO have to pay the $10 charge if you want a second entrée at the same sitting at any specialty venue.

Not at any specialty venue. If you read the terms in the post above yours, you only have to pay the $10 for extra entree in Cagney's or Le Bistro.

I booked restaurants for the first three nights thru online. We are a party of 4, and like the popular 7 pm time slot, and seeing the show afterwards. But only for the first three nights, then we are just doing the rest once onboard.

Is your party of 4 in two different staterooms with separate booking numbers as is our party of 4? If so, can I go into my booking and make reservations for 4 and somehow cross-reference our friend's booking number so that the "system" will know everyone in the party has prepaid the UDP? Or do I instead need to call to orchestrate this all over the phone?

Edited by BEAV

Is your party of 4 in two different staterooms with separate booking numbers as is our party of 4? If so, can I go into my booking and make reservations for 4 and somehow cross-reference our friend's booking number so that the "system" will know everyone in the party has prepaid the UDP? Or do I instead need to call to orchestrate this all over the phone?

We are a party of 4 booked in 2 different staterooms and only 2 of us have the UDP. We want to eat together on one night, the system let me book a table for 4 with no charge. I suppose we will sort out extra charges on the ship.

I wasn't asked for the other rooms booking reference when i made the restaurant booking, it was all very straightforward

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Zhane's mum

It's not that complicated. When you make your reservations, you will make them under one person's name, and then enter the number in the party. It doesn't care who the other people are that are joining you, or whether or not they have the UDP.

Here is an example from when we booked our reservations for Cagney's. My husband had UDP, so the cost for the entire party at the time of booking was $0. If when he arrives with 2 people he just met the day before who don't have UDP, they would be charged at that time.

ncl_zps6e484fea.jpg

Edited by LrgPizza

Thanks for the feedback LrgPizza and Zhane's mum......

Originally it was just two of us going and I've already booked all our specialty dining. Then our two friends decided to book the sailing as well and purchase the UDP. So far, I'm not finding a way to cancel my reservations I made for two and then proceed to rebook for party of four. Is it possible to cancel on the website a reservation you've already made?

Thanks for the feedback LrgPizza and Zhane's mum......

Originally it was just two of us going and I've already booked all our specialty dining. Then our two friends decided to book the sailing as well and purchase the UDP. So far, I'm not finding a way to cancel my reservations I made for two and then proceed to rebook for party of four. Is it possible to cancel on the website a reservation you've already made?

No, you have to call to make dining and show changes.