Bed set up question-inside room

cruzinlisa

We are sailing on Elation in October. It will be DH, I and DD (age 3 1/2). The room we are in is marked as having a rollaway bed- which was what we wanted, as DD is too young for an upper. We are in an inside cabin. I am trying to get an idea of what the room configuration will be like. Last time we were in an inside room it was on conquest and it was pretty tight and we did not use the third bed at all (DD slept with us or on a pallet on the floor). Does anyone have photos of a room with a rollaway set up so I can see what kind of space issues were are talking about. I am trying to decide if we will be better to have twin beds or a king. If we do twins, will they put them on opposite walls to maximize floor space? DH would probably prefer a king bed, but I don't really care. DD will PROBABLY sleep in her own bed, since its in the same room, but she is 3 1/2 so that is an unknown. If she does not end up in her own bed she will sleep with us and a twin will not cut it. But I would not want to make the room steward move beds again. Is it easy to move the beds ourselves?

Also, do they put the roll away somewhere during the day or does it stay out all cruise?

When you say it is marked as a room with a rollaway, I wonder if it marked as a room for 3 people and the third person is ona fold out bed which is your small sofa in the daytime? that I how we have seen third persons in cabins which do not have an upper berth. A call to carnival will let you know what the third bed will be. If it is a fold out, then the two twins into a king will be easiest for you and your husband just in case she comes to sleep with you. If she is good in her own bed and you want the most walking,dressing room then the twins on the outer walls gives you that. The steward will change it for you if necessary a, but a nice thank you tip would probably be in order. Once you committ to one arrangement, after say, day two,I would try hard not to change it.

We are sailing on Elation in October. It will be DH, I and DD (age 3 1/2). The room we are in is marked as having a rollaway bed- which was what we wanted, as DD is too young for an upper. We are in an inside cabin

Also, do they put the roll away somewhere during the day or does it stay out all cruise?

There are no more rollaway beds on the Fantasy Class ships like the Elation. It's a trundle bed. It is low to the ground and is shorter than a standard size bed so during the day it slides for storage underneath the regular bed.

Google Carnival Trundle Beds (click Images) and you will see how they are used in different cabin setups.

Edited by AdGuyMG

There are no more rollaway beds on the Fantasy Class ships like the Elation. It's a trundle bed. It is low to the ground and is shorter than a standard size bed so during the day it slides for storage underneath the regular bed.

Google Carnival Trundle Beds (click Images) and you will see how they are used in different cabin setups.

Then what was that thing folded up in my friends' cabin on the Inspiration? Looked like a rollaway to me. It's quite possible that they had no more available on your specific cruise.

There is an extender to make the trundle a regular length, but it still sits low to the ground.

We are cruising in 23 days in an extended Aft Balcony room on Triumph. I called Carnival to see what type of beds there would be for the 3rd and 4th person in our room. I was informed that they would bring in 2 roll away beds.

Edited by tcw92

We had a roll-away on the Paradise in April for our Grandson in an OV, even though the cabin description said trundle.

I guess rollaway and trundle were the same thing in my mind. I did not realize that there was a difference. Although I do have an image of what a trundle bed is, as we had some when I was growing up. Based upon your description, a trundle will be fine for her, she is only 3 1/2 and is very small for her age. I have looked at some online pictures, but did not really see what I was looking for as far as bed configuration for a fantasy class ship.

I guess what I am looking for is anyone who has been in a room like this (surely someone has), whether it is worth it to separate DH and I into twins along the walls so that we can have more space. I don't care too much either way, but it is nice to be able to snuggle with my honey.

The photo is is a cabin my parents and I stay in whenever we cruise together. I use a walker and its easier (I put the walker in the shower in the evenings and move it out in the hall before we bathe in the morning). We love the space this arrangement allows.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg