Emergency contact info help please

shealea

We have people staying here to take care of our granddaughter, and I would like to leave a contact phone number for the Jewel in case of an emergency.

I've been able to locate that information in past years on their website, but I just can't seem to find it.

Can someone point me in the direction to find it?

From the FAQ's:

" Norwegian guests can also be contacted on our ships by calling 1.888.NCSHIPS (1.888.627.4477) from the USA. For the rest of the world please dial 1.732.335.3280. When guests are contacted with the ship via satellite, they can be reached directly, if they are in their stateroom. If not, a message about the incoming call will be delivered to their stateroom and then they can call back* the shore via satellite." It helps if they know which ship your on.

Hope this helps.

A few notes.

If someone calls you,you might not get the message for some period of time. Since you are often not in the cabin, and also ashore,they can not get in touch with you until your return to the cabin.

Your regular cell phone will work fine on the ship. Cheap text messages, and $2.49 a minute for calls. Our phone is always turned on.

Hi Gary/Carla,

We are from the uk and wonder if our cell phones will work on board ship, as we have elderly parents back home and are also leaving our daughter and her boyfriend back in Orlando while we cruise for a week on the Getaway. I always thought that your could not get a signal whilst on board and have usually rung on port days. Do you know if the rates vary depending on which network you are with?

Many thanks

sue

Hi Gary/Carla,

We are from the uk and wonder if our cell phones will work on board ship, as we have elderly parents back home and are also leaving our daughter and her boyfriend back in Orlando while we cruise for a week on the Getaway. I always thought that your could not get a signal whilst on board and have usually rung on port days. Do you know if the rates vary depending on which network you are with?

Many thanks

sue

You will be good once you have a bill-pay phone with roaming enabled.

If it's a "pay as you go" you should check with the phone company.