Parking at Cape Canaveral Cruise Terminal

timdeb7581

I will be cruising on Carnival Liberty and I am considering parking my car at the terminal. The hotel that I'm staying at offers 40% off parking at the terminal. Can anyone tell me if this is a good idea? Pros and cons. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is the hotel rate to get the parking coupon higher than other rates for the hotel? That's what I was finding when I looked before.

We have always parked at the pier for convenience, but for our next cruise I just booked the Radisson and plan to park there. we will see how it goes.

Is the hotel rate to get the parking coupon higher than other rates for the hotel? That's what I was finding when I looked before.

We have always parked at the pier for convenience, but for our next cruise I just booked the Radisson and plan to park there. we will see how it goes.

We stayed at the Radisson several times and have never had a problem with the parking.

With so many off-site parking options available in Cocoa Beach, I would never park at the terminal. In addition to the hotels that offer park and cruise rates, there are a lot of parking lots that offer cruise parking.

Parking at the terminal is REALLY expensive. We drive in the night before and either stay at the Radisson or the Country Inn and Suites. They both have great shuttle service and your car is very safe. So for the price you pay to park at the pier, you can spend the night and have breakfast.

We, too, stayed at the Radisson in May for our Liberty cruise. We bought the room, shuttle, and breakfast. Can't remember now what we paid for it, but it was good deal or my husband would not have booked it. You can leave your car at the hotel and they shuttle you to the terminal and pick you up on debarkation day. It's a beautiful hotel.

Click on the pic below for the whole album:

IMG_4291.jpg

We bit the bullet and parked right at the terminal last time. AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! Literally, we parked within 25 feet of the terminal's main entrance! And on debarkation, we were in our car within seconds of clearing customs. No waiting around, no shuttle rides, no wasted time. Probably the best spent money of our entire vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

We only park at the port. Walk right off the boat, get your bags, customs, in the car and on the road in 15 minutes. Watching all the folks waiting in cues to schlep their luggage from boat to shuttle line makes me glad for my decision every time. We stayed at the Fairfield inn in titusville. Room was probably $100, parking $70 with coupon. Doing it again April.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I echo the comment about Fairfield Inn in Titusville. We use Marriot Reward points to stay free and utilize the 40% off voucher to park. Even if we paid for the room it's a great deal. From cabin to highway in 20 minutes.

We also use the Radisson! We will be there in a few weeks for our Sunshine cruise! We stayed there a few years ago when we sailed the Dream! Great location, great service! Loved the pool area! Great way to start the cruise! The shuttle service was great - no worries whatsoever! It is definitely a better deal than just paying for parking!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Parking at the terminal is REALLY expensive. We drive in the night before and either stay at the Radisson or the Country Inn and Suites. They both have great shuttle service and your car is very safe. So for the price you pay to park at the pier, you can spend the night and have breakfast.

It's not as expensive as other cruise ports. Parking at PC back in December was $15 a day. Miami is $20. The only thing I don't like about PC is they charge you for the number of days, not number of nights for a cruise. So a 7 night cruise means you car is at the terminal for 8 days so you get charged for 8 days instead of 7. So at PC, a 7 night cruise will cost you $120 total whereas Miami would cost you $140.

Edited by Out to sea!

i parked at the terminal when i cruised the dream. it is very easy. you pull up to specific area and pull in a space where your luggage is taken by the porters. then you drive around to the multi level parking garage pay your money and go in and find a space. the day i went there was a horrible rain storm so it was nice to be in a covered parking garage.

Call me a lone voice in the wilderness but last Saturday 8/9 I parked there and it was absolutely AWFUL. There had to be 300-400 people waiting for the small shuttles to come. Poorly staffed. Will not park there again. And I'm not much of a complainer. Will park at the port next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Call me a lone voice in the wilderness but last Saturday 8/9 I parked there and it was absolutely AWFUL. There had to be 300-400 people waiting for the small shuttles to come. Poorly staffed. Will not park there again. And I'm not much of a complainer. Will park at the port next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where is "there"?? :confused:

What is this 40% off port parking coupon? No one has said what hotel they got the coupon at! We will be cruising on the Liberty next October. Too soon to make hotel reservations, but we do not like doing the shuttle. My mom is in a wheelchair and it just makes things more difficult if we shuttle. We prefer to park at the port in the handicap spaces. Much easier on her and less stress for everyone. But, I would love to hear more about this 40% off port parking coupon! Anyone?

What is this 40% off port parking coupon? No one has said what hotel they got the coupon at! We will be cruising on the Liberty next October. Too soon to make hotel reservations, but we do not like doing the shuttle. My mom is in a wheelchair and it just makes things more difficult if we shuttle. We prefer to park at the port in the handicap spaces. Much easier on her and less stress for everyone. But, I would love to hear more about this 40% off port parking coupon! Anyone?

Refer to comments #10 and #11... Fairfield Inn, Titusville