Reflection or Silhouette?

Topo Gigio

We faced the same question when booking a Caribbean cruise for this winter. Both ships alternate the Eastern and Western itineraries, so that is a wash. We were on Reflection in the Med in May and thought it was a lovely ship, loud music wasn't a problem. In the end, we decided that we prefer the Saturday round trip schedule, so it is Reflection again for us. We were also able to book just the cabin we want, so that sealed the deal. Really, the ships are so alike that you should base your decision on the other factors like schedule, embarkation port, and so on.

Reflection is out of Miami and sails Sat-Sat.... Silhouette departs out of Port Everglades and sails Sun-Sun.... Itinerary is almost the same... I suggest picking which works better for you as far as timing, availability, pricing and flights (if that is a factor).

Edited by bajathree

You will find both ships are pretty much the same. We did Silhouette in December and had the choice of either. We chose Silhouette Western which had four ports instead of three. Didn't really look at Reflection too much since the three ports she goes to we have been to numerous times. Silhouette you can choose either Eastern or Western.

While I agree with the negatives you listed, in defense of Reflection, I prefer the extra deck, as it moved the OceanView cafe to the pool level and gave a 360 degree walk around the ship on the deck above the pool from stem to stern. .

I did NOT know this, definitely points for Reflection:D