Majesty/Bermuda

Bluedevil

Hello all, I am trying to convince my husband to take a cruise to Bermuda in Nov or Dec. I was in Bermuda a long time ago and loved it. I also like that the ship we are thinking about stays in port for 3 days(yipppee) I have a question about the Majesty. Does it pull right up to the dock or do you take a little boat to get to land? If anyone has been recently on the Majesty I would love to hear their opinions. How late can you stay out at night and still get back on the ship? Is there a "curfew"? Thanks in advance

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the Majesty only sails to Bermuda between May and October. It then moves to Charleston and sails from there to the caribbean through the winter / spring months ... Maybe you can convince him to sail sooner :)

When the Majesty is in Bermuda, it's docked in St. Georges. It has its own pier, so you won't need a tender.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Yippppee no curfew, then again I'm not sure how late we would be out by ourselves anyway but you never know. LOL

I'm sure this was asked somewhere so I'm sorry for repeating it but if I bought alcohol while on land can I bring it back on the ship. How thoroughly do they "inspect" you when you come back aboard?

Yup 2006 ( I know a LONG way out)

We are hoping to wrangle a few more family member to go.

Do you have a TR about your experience on Majesty? I would love to know your opinions. I did a RCL a very very very long time ago and that was it. I have read some varied reviews of the Majesty. I realize that not everyone has the same desire or experiences from a vacation but a little personal insight into the ships activities, accom, food etc would be lovely.

Thank you

We cruised on the Majesty to the western caribbean in April of this year. Having never cruised before did not know what to expect. Loved the ship, service, food, and ports of call. Only complaint we had was the small amount of time we had at each port. :( That is why we are sailing on her again to Bermuda. Being in one port for three days is what sold me.:) Of course it also helps in the decision to sail the Majesty when we are only a 2 hour drive to Charleston.

SSCruiser05, I see that new Majesty itinerary from Charleston to Bermuda in November of 2006! Thanks for clearing that up for me ...

And, good for you guys -- You'll like staying put at one port for three days. It really gives you a chance to enjoy the island.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Yippppee no curfew, then again I'm not sure how late we would be out by ourselves anyway but you never know. LOL

I'm sure this was asked somewhere so I'm sorry for repeating it but if I bought alcohol while on land can I bring it back on the ship. How thoroughly do they "inspect" you when you come back aboard?

Big sign to passengers and staff, no alcohol is to be brought back on board. Everything goes through the x-ray machines, and the customs people are right there and not too friendly, It is not worth the risk. That was in Bermuda. When boarding the Majesty in Boston, before the cruise, we laughed at how much alcohol was confiscated from the luggage. I know some people brag how they managed to get it aboard, but how embarrassing would it be to get caught.

Archived