Alaska, Aft Wrap or Penthouse?

Romeril

We are currently booked in an aft wrap for Sept 14 on Oosterdam. We plan on using the balcony a lot for viewing. However, we are considering upgrading to a penthouse.

My question is what would be best for viewing? Presumably the penthouse would give better protection from wind, but would we sacrifce views? We will have family members joining us and the extra space would be nice.

For the view, aft-wrap, hands down.

For the creature comforts and intangibles, PENTHOUSE!

Edited by 0bnxshs

Hi, thanks for the replies. I love,love afts but ended up taking the penthouse and adding my son at the last minute for just the port taxes.

It certainly wasn't free, or even discounted. They didn't offer, I requested. Maybe I should have waited closer to sail date?

In any case, it's booked and I'm sure my family will enjoy the extra space and the hot tub! But I will miss my aft.

D.

Hi, thanks for the replies. I love,love afts but ended up taking the penthouse and adding my son at the last minute for just the port taxes.

It certainly wasn't free, or even discounted. They didn't offer, I requested. Maybe I should have waited closer to sail date?

In any case, it's booked and I'm sure my family will enjoy the extra space and the hot tub! But I will miss my aft.

D.

That's wonderful, you will be happy you made the choice to book the PS. We were fortunate to get upsells to the PS on B2B cruises on the Zuiderdam in May of 2013. Fortunately my TA contacted HAL before the up sells were offered to the Neptune Suite passengers. We took no chance in May of this year, and booked the PS six months in advance.

I now have to make the same decision for our cruise on the Noordam next May, as we are booked in an aft wraparound on the Rotterdam Deck.

I hope you and your family will have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by kjw869

I have been in aft suites on 8 cruises on HAL, every time on deck 5. I have definitely experienced some serious vibrations at times. Its only when they are sailing at high speed, though. Now that they have limited the port times and never seem to sail anywhere near top speeds any more, I have not noticed any vibrations at all. Well, maybe when docking, but never while out at sea.