Concerns, a/c esp

High Seas Texan

Reading these boards it seems there sre seversl service issues, from rude staff at the main office to air conditioning issues on several ship, but esp the CARNIVAL DREAM. I am sailing the CARNIVAL MAGIC in a week, and the DREAM is the same class....it is summer, in the Caribbean. I do not want to be hot in my cabin. I have seen You Tube tours of csbins (they all look messy, why don't people film before they slob it up for the week) and they show fans. I m in a suite. I do not want to pack and carry a fan, and I do not want to have to fight with guest services on bord to hae them find me one. So bottom line, anyone sail the CARNIVAL MAGIC recently nd cn comment about the cooling. Also concerned because I saw a day or two ago that the CARNIVAL MAGIC was having engine issues off of Jamaica.

I was on the Magic July 27th-August 3. the AC in our room was less than cold, almost less than cool. im very cold natured, so for me to say it wasnt cold enough, then it really wasnt cold!!

there are others in our group who had the same issue. one of which asked their room steward for a fan, and they got one without any problems! and it kicked ass!! their room felt amazing with that fan!! but others did say theirs worked fine.

The hallways were colder than our room!! there were multiple times where i did sit in the hallway, instead of our room, just to cool off. i mean, it wasnt hot, but it wasnt cold either. But the hallways were COLD!

We're bringing our own small portable fan next year on the Dream, just in case!