Transport Bayonne to NYC

We are on the inaugral Quantum cruise on the 23rd November and we are taking this opportunity to extend our holiday after the cruise and visit New York for the first time.

However, we are finding it extremely difficult to find suitable transport from Bayonne port to Times Square.

We have researched on the internet and all private hire that we can see (eg Carmels, Dial7 etc) have bad reviews!!!

Can anyone recommend reliable, reasonable transfer company?

If you are looking for just a ride from the pier to NY. I would call Archie's Taxi. That is the taxi company in Bayonne that has taxi's/vans waiting outside when you get off the ship. Call (201) 858-8800 and ask them the cost. I don't even think you would have to pre-book. The taxi's are right there to take you where you want to go.

We consistently recommend Dial7 and Carmellimo and do not get bad feedback about them at all.

However, if you do not have US cell phone service, it is going to be more difficult to meet any prebooked car service at Cape Liberty. I would just get off the ship and go to the taxi dispatcher and have him get you transportation to NYC. He will quote you a fair price - ask about the expected tolls and tip. You should have no problem.

thank you very much for you help . there are two of us and luggage going to w43rd street nyc regards phil

I called Archie's. The cost for 2 to go to Times Square area is $86.00 which includes the tolls but not the tip. You can pre-book it or just go to the taxi area when you get off the ship. Vans and taxis are there waiting.

Hi Phil,

We are in a similar boat, as it were :) . We are on Quantum's maiden transatlantic which arrives on November 10th. I believe it isn't worth pre-booking a car service as we can't tell what time we'll be off the ship. We'll be allocated, I understand, a disembarkation time on a deck by deck basis. We then have to go through US Immigration, which as non-US Citizens could take a while. Then we need to retrieve our luggage, and go through US Customs. The procedure should be the same for you on your cruise. Once we are through all this we will be following the kind advice above by taking a cab to our hotel in Times Square.

Bon voyage.

Yes - we did think that trying to pre-book a limo for a specific time would be a nightmare!

We will now be following the advice of our fellow cruisers and going to the taxi despatcher-many thanks to gaylemh for obtaining the cost for us, we now know how much to budget in for the transfer.:)

$100 from Cape Liberty to midtown Manhattan is what we usually estimate when folks ask.

Figure a base price of $70 and $16 in tolls for the $86. 20% of $70 is $14, so you come up with $100.

If you're coming in on the Quantum TA, please post back on this forum with your experiences disembarking and using the livery services so we can share with other Quantum cruisers. Cape Liberty is undergoing significant changes this year and we want to keep abreast of the latest developments.

$100 from Cape Liberty to midtown Manhattan is what we usually estimate when folks ask.

Figure a base price of $70 and $16 in tolls for the $86. 20% of $70 is $14, so you come up with $100.

If you're coming in on the Quantum TA, please post back on this forum with your experiences disembarking and using the livery services so we can share with other Quantum cruisers. Cape Liberty is undergoing significant changes this year and we want to keep abreast of the latest developments.

Thanks. I'll be happy to post back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My advice to everyone is to keep tabs on this forum in the upcoming months about livery service from Cape Liberty. I have no idea how the current livery process will work with the increased passenger load of the Quantum followed by the Liberty and then the Anthem. I also don't know if the new terminal will be designed to speed up the drop off and pick up process. I'm sure there will be some glitches until they figure it all out.

Just to chime in about reviews for car services...

Hundreds of people use these services daily and don't write reviews because 95% of the time everything goes as planned. If everything goes as planned its still not something out of this world that you would take your time to write about.

Recently I used Dial 7 for 1am pickup from Newark Airport back to NYC, they arrived when they were supposed, the driver knew where he was going, and we got home in a reasonable amount of time. Nothing about that trip makes me want to jump on yelp and write a good review, because they did what they were supposed to do. If the driver was super late and got lost, you bet I would want to jump online and write a bad review about it.

So please take the online reviews of these car companies with a grain of salt, there are far more people using these services not writing reviews because they were happy customers.

Just to chime in about reviews for car services...

Recently I used Dial 7 for 1am pickup from Newark Airport back to NYC, they arrived when they were supposed, the driver knew where he was going, and we got home in a reasonable amount of time. Nothing about that trip makes me want to jump on yelp and write a good review, because they did what they were supposed to do. If the driver was super late and got lost, you bet I would want to jump online and write a bad review about it.

Hi - In relation to this post - we are flying into Newark next year and want to go to NY Midtown/Times Square area.

Can I ask what the cost was with Dial7 for the fare/tax/toll and tips?

Thanks