Remy Champagne Brunch or Palo

Chelle28

First time Disney sailers with the opportunity to enjoy either Remy or Palo for Brunch. We will be sailing Disney Dream 4 night 10/27. If you could only pick one, which one would you pick and why?

A little about us

DH and I cruised before on a short 4 nighter on RCCL 10 years ago for our honeymoon. This time around we are sailing with our daughters who have never cruised before. We look at the Brunch as our only time that it will be just the 2 of us enjoying each others company. Outside of this brunch, the majority of our time will be spent as a family.

We are not foodies per se, but enjoy top notch service, good food and are open to trying new things.

We enjoy cocktails. I love mimosas and I am a huge breakfast fan.

Both options are available during our sea day. Palo's only window is 10am, Remy is available 1150 and 1230.

Dinner is not an option as we plan to have dinner together as a family each night.

Both are really good dining experiences. Without a doubt Remy is the fancier, more unique and more expensive of the two. We've done Remy brunch twice and will do it again. We've also done Palo brunch several times and will definitely do that again.

Perhaps you can flip a coin?

Both are really good dining experiences. Without a doubt Remy is the fancier, more unique and more expensive of the two. We've done Remy brunch twice and will do it again. We've also done Palo brunch several times and will definitely do that again.

Its funny, but a head chef at Palo's told us Remy's brunch didn't have the variety of Palo's since Palo's was buffet style and Remy's is not. It is also twice the price. We were going to try Remy's brunch, but he said if we love Palos', Remy's would be a bit of a disappointment.

Since my dinner at Remy's was disappointing, we took his advise and did not try Remy's brunch. Just to be clear, there was nothing wrong with dinner at Remy's. Its just not at all worth the price when we love the food far better at Palo's. The cruise where we did both Palo's and Remy's for dinner and Palo's was the clear winner in service and in all the dishes served. There is nothing you get at Remy's for the triple price tag that you can't get in any other dinning room.

So, if you have to pick one, pick Palo's. It is in our opinion and the people we cruise with, to be the very BEST meal on the ship and we would never miss a cruise without it. Next time you cruise, try them both.

With respect to bsddsc's post, which is certainly valid, I'd just add that having more variety doesn't make Palo a "better" dining experience. We measure the overall experience by the preparation of the food, its presentation, and the level of service. Remy get's the nod from us on all levels.

PS, its "Palo", not "Palo's". The restaurant is not named for a person, its named after the Italian word for poles that are found around Venice, the influence for the restaurant's decor.

Edited by jalves

First time Disney sailers with the opportunity to enjoy either Remy or Palo for Brunch. We will be sailing Disney Dream 4 night 10/27. If you could only pick one, which one would you pick and why?

A little about us

DH and I cruised before on a short 4 nighter on RCCL 10 years ago for our honeymoon. This time around we are sailing with our daughters who have never cruised before. We look at the Brunch as our only time that it will be just the 2 of us enjoying each others company. Outside of this brunch, the majority of our time will be spent as a family.

We are not foodies per se, but enjoy top notch service, good food and are open to trying new things.

Both options are available during our sea day. Palo's only window is 10am, Remy is available 1150 and 1230.

Dinner is not an option as we plan to have dinner together as a family each night.

We are two older adults, no children. We will also be on the 10/27 cruise. It will be our first Disney cruise, but we have done about 30 other cruises on HAL, RCCL, Princess, etc.

We have decided on the Palo brunch. We are not big champagne drinkers and I saw a blog on the Remy brunch, and DH and myself decided it just didn't appeal to us.

There was no availability showing for the Palo brunch when our "window" opened for reservations, but I just kept checking back and was able to get a reservation yesterday. I am so excited :D

With respect to bsddsc's post, which is certainly valid, I'd just add that having more variety doesn't make Palo a "better" dining experience. We measure the overall experience by the preparation of the food, its presentation, and the level of service. Remy get's the nod from us on all levels.

You are correct, it isn't variety, it is everything you mentioned. And our experience at Remy was a bland piece of fish on a plate is neither expertly prepared and is lacking in presentation. Our server was inexperienced and although attentive, didn't leave us alone for a minute.

Even if everything was perfect at Remy, it still does not justify triple the price of Palo for dinner for the same elegant setting and great meal. That is the point I was trying to make.

I see you live in Winter Garden, we live near Windermere. If you haven't been to The Venetian Room, that is our standard of excellence for incredible presentation, wonderful tasting food and the highest level of service anywhere in Orlando (far better than V&A) It is what we expected at Remy but didn't get.

Edited by bsddsc
submitted by mistake

I have only done the REMY brunch and thought it was excellent. The champagne pairing is really good.

As for the price, it is not about the price. It is about the experience. The REMY brunch is an elegant affair. It can be very romantic if that is what you are looking for.

REMY is probably the best restaurant on any cruise ship. It can be an once in a lifetime experience for dinner or brunch.

Also, the REMY brunch is more like lunch as nothing is self service. I think there are five courses with the REMY brunch, each served with distinction. PALO seems to be more like a traditional brunch as most of it is self serve with the exception of the main entrée from what I understand. I think they are probably two different experiences.

I have done PALO for dinner and it was very good with excellent service.

Whichever you choose, I am sure that you will enjoy it.

soccer

I have had all four Remy and Palo both brunch and dinner, and there all great so hard to decide, if you want a great night out Remy and then do Palo brunch the best of both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have a preference between PALO brunch and REMY brunch since you have done both?

I assume that they are very different experiences.

soccer

I see you live in Winter Garden, we live near Windermere. If you haven't been to The Venetian Room, that is our standard of excellence for incredible presentation, wonderful tasting food and the highest level of service anywhere in Orlando (far better than V&A) It is what we expected at Remy but didn't get.

Thanks for that recommendation! We're new to the area (just moved in 5 months ago) and are always looking for good places to eat.

A little about us

I have done both - is there a menu you prefer?

Palo has an unlimited buffet of appetizers and desserts, breads ... and then you can order an entree as well. Service was excellent. Mimosa was a nice touch. I have Palo booked again for my upcoming cruise for both brunch and dinner.

Remy brunch was an experience, it was slower - had multiple courses served to you - and champagne pairings make it even better. You will get to hear from the chef at the start of the brunch which is neat. The menu is fixed for you. I used this to try foods I previously thought I did not enjoy (most seafood) and I have to say I really enjoyed each dish.

You really can't go wrong with either - Take the menu and the time factor - Remy will probably take a bit more time than Palo - and use that to decide. If nothing else you can book another cruise while on board so that you can experience the other at a later date :)

Oh, I forgot! Here is my photo review of Remy - if this helps at all: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1848404

Do you have a preference between PALO brunch and REMY brunch since you have done both?

I assume that they are very different experiences.

soccer

Each to there own each is great.

Preference is Remy dinner, it's so wonderful, it's dinner theatre, a performance its good so good. There are extras, the rose, the chocolates after. Tell them in advance of any allergies they will give you a set menu for you. Run with their suggestions. I like steak well done they said medium rare for Wayu steak they were correct.

Palo brunch so much to have the buffet the set plated food, the strawberry soup, the desserts.

Palo dinner, a great Italian experience.

All great but this is my preference order.

Each to there own each is great.

Preference is Remy dinner, it's so wonderful, it's dinner theatre, a performance its good so good. There are extras, the rose, the chocolates after. Tell them in advance of any allergies they will give you a set menu for you. Run with their suggestions. I like steak well done they said medium rare for Wayu steak they were correct.

Palo brunch so much to have the buffet the set plated food, the strawberry soup, the desserts.

Palo dinner, a great Italian experience.

All great but this is my preference order.

Thank you for your reply and detailed explanation.

REMY dinner is really something special. Hopefully I can try the PALO brunch sometime when I am on a longer cruise. It is the only adult restaurant meal that I haven't had yet

Thanks again.

soccer