Massage for children?

cruisinmeme

Talking to two of the grand kids today about our upcoming cruise. They are 10&13. They have cruised many times. Wanted to know what type of excursions or specialty resturants they want to eat at. Sadly they didn't want either. Guess that comes with so many cruises.

They would like to do a massage. I know at our local spa they have reasonable priced massages for kids. Like 30.00 for 30 mins. Realize it would easily be double on a ship, but just got to thinking "do they even work on kids" so has anyone ever treated their kiddos to a massage?

It is doubtful they will do this for a minor but that is my opinion fwiw no way would I let anyone other than a medical professional get that close to my child. Chances are I am in the room as well. Even teachers know not to get that close to a kid.

Are Adult masseuses be they male or female even allowed to deal with minors that up close and personal ?I have never ever heard of a spa that would massage a child unless it was a medical facility. I get monthly massages btw

Of course since it is at sea and money is involved one never knows do they?

Should they agree to massage a child as young as 10 I do hope you will be sitting right there the entire time. Remember they are not trained child care providers and this is not the kids camp. It is the profit geared ships spa that IMO should not be dealing with young children

Flame away ccers

I'm also thinking this is just another joke thread! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

I wouldn't think they would do a massage on a 10 or 13 year old child, due to legal reasons. You might want to ask if you could do a couples massage with them. The children could each get a massage and you can get 2 massages; sounds like a win win to me.

I know that at Canyon Ranch's land destination spa in Arizona, they have age requirements for some services.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Sorry this was not a joke thread.

Yes, very we'll know spa in my town does children's massage. Now talking about a chiropractor , but a massage.

I guess I have nothing but excellent experience's so maybe I am too trusting.

I assume that they only do the massages on the kids with an adult guardian of the child in the room during the massage?

Please say that is the case

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry this was not a joke thread.

Yes, very we'll know spa in my town does children's massage. Now talking about a chiropractor , but a massage.

I guess I have nothing but excellent experience's so maybe I am too trusting.

Recent research shows that therapeutic massage can be good for children, esp. those with hyperactivity disorders.

However, the ship-board massages are not 'therapeutic', they are relaxation massages.... of questionable benefit.

Actually, now that I think about it, I believe they have Father & Son, or Mother & Daughter massages where a parent & child are in a 2-bed room with 2 therapists. I don't have a price list, does anybody else?

However, I do NOT believe they are discounted because it's a child. They are the same length as other massages, and of course these things all use 'time' as their pricing basis.

So if you were hoping for a discounted version, I believe you're out of luck.

Stephen

Talking to two of the grand kids today about our upcoming cruise. They are 10&13. They have cruised many times. Wanted to know what type of excursions or specialty resturants they want to eat at. Sadly they didn't want either. Guess that comes with so many cruises.

They would like to do a massage. I know at our local spa they have reasonable priced massages for kids. Like 30.00 for 30 mins. Realize it would easily be double on a ship, but just got to thinking "do they even work on kids" so has anyone ever treated their kiddos to a massage?

Here is a thread where comment no. 2 includes a price list from 2012 (it is from the Jewel, but the services are pretty much the same on most NCL ships) - look under the point called "Teen & Kid spa - under 18 only":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1835564

Edited by TrumpyNor

Here is a thread where comment no. 2 includes a price list from 2012 (it is from the Jewel, but the services are pretty much the same on most NCL ships) - look under the point called "Teen & Kid spa - under 18 only":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1835564

Exactly what I need. My husband and I love massages also. We will do the mother/daughter, son/dad thing.

Taking the granddaughter Saturday for us a pedicure and manicure. She loves all this fun stuff.

Thanks