We are entering the heart of hurricane season

Hurricane Expert

We leave for the Bahamas next Monday, 29th for a 4nt cruise. How's the weather looking?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Again, this is in the 7-10 day time frame so I personally don't put too much faith in these forecasts.... Anyhow, this is what they're saying now... A mid latitude low pressure area is forecast to move up the east coast Mon / Tue with typical partly cloudy - scattered shower chances for the Bahamas.

So what's it looking like for Coco Cay on Tuesday and Nassau on Wednesday?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

The tail end of a front will be north of the Bahamas. Variably cloudy with scattered showers / thundershowers....rather typical for this time of year. No organized tropical systems showing up on the forecast.

Good afternoon Hurricane Expert..

We are getting ready to embark on an 8-day cruise from FLL to the Exotic Caribbean (Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curacao and Aruba) from 5-13 October 2014. What do you see in our forecast for the week? Thanks!!!

Cecilia

Good afternoon Hurricane Expert..

We are getting ready to embark on an 8-day cruise from FLL to the Exotic Caribbean (Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curacao and Aruba) from 5-13 October 2014. What do you see in our forecast for the week? Thanks!!!

Cecilia

I can only comment on the first half of the trip because I don't trust the models out past 7 days especially for the western half of the Caribbean.

A cold front will be moving by Miami just before you leave and stall in the Bahamas. This time of year it is not unusual to have areas of scattered showers and storms from either cold fronts, Inter tropical convergence zone - near South America, or other upper air disturbances. The southern Caribbean (Curacao, Aruba) almost never sees problems from tropical cyclones. Enjoy the trip!

Leaving out of Bayonne, NJ to st martin, st thomas and san juan next sunday, October 19. I see 2 tropical storms on the map. What info can you provide? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't trust the models past 7 days ( at the most ). I can tell you Fay will be long gone and Gonzalo will mostly likely some where near or past Bermuda by next Sunday.

Beyond that ??? to early to tell.

Hi Hurricane Expert! I read that Gonzalo should be past the Bahamas by Friday but rain is forecasted for the weekend. Will that just be residual rain from Gonzalo leaving the area? Should we expect rain all day type of rain or just a couple pop up showers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Hi Hurricane Expert! I read that Gonzalo should be past the Bahamas by Friday but rain is forecasted for the weekend. Will that just be residual rain from Gonzalo leaving the area? Should we expect rain all day type of rain or just a couple pop up showers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Gonzalo will be a long ways from the Bahamas by the end of the week. I'm not seeing much at this time for the Bahamas except for a trough passing through. That could bring scattered showers or a storm.

We are leaving today on the freedom for nassau on Tuesday HMC Wednesday and grand Turk on Thursday what should we expect in terms of weather? Thank you for all the information you put on here it's great to get in real words what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonzalo will become a hurricane and is predicted to stay east of the Bahamas Tuesday through early Thursday. The worse of the weather will be to the east, but it's really impossible to say if an outer rain band could move through.

Hi Hurricane Expert . What is is the weather for a cruise leaving Galveston on Oct 16 and stopping in Cozumel on Oct 18 ?

Thank you so much for letting us know about the weather forecasts

High pressure will be over the Gulf on the 16th. The western Caribbean has been unsettled for a while now.... the forecast for Cozumel on the 18th shows scattered thundershowers.

Cruise critic friends.... I will continue to give updates here for Gonzalo, but will not be able to give any additional "personal" forecasts. I am getting busy forecasting for Gonzalo.

Gonzalo will become a hurricane and is predicted to stay east of the Bahamas Tuesday through early Thursday. The worse of the weather will be to the east, but it's really impossible to say if an outer rain band could move through.

thanks you for the information.

High pressure will be over the Gulf on the 16th. The western Caribbean has been unsettled for a while now.... the forecast for Cozumel on the 18th shows scattered thundershowers.

Cruise critic friends.... I will continue to give updates here for Gonzalo, but will not be able to give any additional "personal" forecasts. I am getting busy forecasting for Gonzalo.

Understand and thank you for all your work.

Don