Privacy on Aft Balcony

gerbera33

I don't know that those pictures really answer the privacy question. Can those in the cabin above you or the deck above if you are the top deck of aft view cabins look down onto your balcony?

They can look down, but generally they aren't going to be able to see your whole balcony. Usually just the area closer to the railing. So like if you are standing at the railing looking down and so are they they could probably see you. But they are not going to be able to see your whole balcony or see you the entire time you are on the balcony.

We were in an aft wrap on Liberty this summer. Felt pretty private. We were friendly with the couple next door so we or they would peek around the divider to say good morning or shoot the breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are asking about being private for "private time" don't expect it. We did not feel our balcony was very private on the Breeze. We had an aft wrap on deck 8. Not only could the passengers above look down, the ones beside just stood at the railing and could see into our balcony without trying.

Tim

from all the pictures i have looked up and seen, standing by the railing isnt private at all. the separating walls are angled, so you can easily see the next balcony and beyond without even trying. this picture in particular

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/timps812/media/024.jpg.html

Edited by KLD1019

I'm wondering about this as well. We've booked an aft cabin on Glory, deck 7 for our next cruise. From looking at the plan, it seems like there's not much privacy out by the railing, perhaps there's a little bit if you stay back toward the door?

I'm wondering about this as well. We've booked an aft cabin on Glory, deck 7 for our next cruise. From looking at the plan, it seems like there's not much privacy out by the railing, perhaps there's a little bit if you stay back toward the door?

Yes, very little.

from all the pictures i have looked up and seen, standing by the railing isnt private at all. the separating walls are angled, so you can easily see the next balcony and beyond without even trying. this picture in particular

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/timps812/media/024.jpg.html

That picture perfectly illustrates why I would never do an aft balcony on any ship with a tumblehome stern again.

Funny you should ask about those cabins. We have had the deck 8 aft wraps on Glory twice - and no, if you have the deck 7 aft wrap and you're standing by the rail, there is no privacy. :o

We've done the aft wrap on the Empress deck on the Triumph twice, which looks to be the same layout for the room and balcony. There isn't any privacy on the aft portion. Folks from decks above can look down on you. We had kids throw soft serve ice cream cones onto our balcony from the Lido. Also, the partition between the aft cabins is angled. People can lean their heads around it and look onto your balcony. We also had the folks next to us climb over and steal one of our deck chairs. Our steward brought us another. On the other hand, the side, or wrap portion of the balcony is covered from above and has much more privacy. We were able to have some "private" time on the side balcony after dark. :D

As long as you don't stand right next to the railing, you should fine with privacy. The side panels are kind of slanted, but people would have to try to look into your balcony. I love the aft balconies and they are the only balconies me and my wife get, except when cruising with the kids.