Spa treatments - Royal

coops14

Hi

My DH and I have booked a massage each and on the booking it states

We encourage you to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled treatment so you may unwind in our relaxation area and/or The Enclave*, to begin your Lotus Spa experience.

Extra charges apply for the Enclave.

Does anyone know how much the extra charges are? And are they worth it?

Also what is in the relaxation area? And how does this differ to the Enclave?

Thanks for your help

The relaxation area is just a lounge with comfortable furniture and water with lemon, tea, fruit, etc. You definitely have to pay extra for the Enclave and while it makes it sound like you can just pay for one day when you receiving spa services, you actually have to book it for the entire cruise so it gets pricey. I don't remember the costs, but someone who used it will chime in.

Having read another post about the spa and the high pressure sales tactics, we are wondering whether to cancel.

My DH is useless at saying no and we feel the price of the message is enough without them trying to pressure us into buying products we don't want.

The booking states, arrive 30 mins early to relax...should it read....arrive 30 mins early so we can pressure you into buying products you don't really want!

Having read another post about the spa and the high pressure sales tactics, we are wondering whether to cancel.

My DH is useless at saying no and we feel the price of the message is enough without them trying to pressure us into buying products we don't want.

The booking states, arrive 30 mins early to relax...should it read....arrive 30 mins early so we can pressure you into buying products you don't really want!

You will both fill out a pre treatment form. At the bottom is where I write in that I am not interested in purchasing any products. Some feel if you do this, the attendant will not do their best. I honestly have never found that to be the case. This is a good way to take care of it if you are not comfortable telling them up front, no sales pitch. Workds like a charm. The 30 minutes before is the time to relax and fill out your paperwork. The sales pitch comes later. :)

Edited by janetz

Hi

My DH and I have booked a massage each and on the booking it states

We encourage you to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled treatment so you may unwind in our relaxation area and/or The Enclave*, to begin your Lotus Spa experience.

Extra charges apply for the Enclave.

Does anyone know how much the extra charges are? And are they worth it?

Also what is in the relaxation area? And how does this differ to the Enclave?

Thanks for your help

I would be very interested as well to know what they charge for access to The Enclave.

We have used the thermal suite on other Princess ships over the years. And access to that was always included if you purchased another treatment on that same day.

• 2 weeks later...