need an opinion from those who have flown out of RIO

beachchairs2

many have said there was no possibility of buying anything to eat....but the airport site shows all kinds of eateries....were they all closed , under construction...or is the site just showing these eateries as wishful thinking?

There might have been, but we would have had to give up our spot in line to find out, and that could have added hours to the wait. We were continously in one line (checkin) or another (security) from 4 pm to 8 pm, boarding was at 7:45 pm.

I didn't see any option for a lounge at the airport. The terminal is like a vast airplane hanger, and we had to wait to get close to any counter. All passengers, regardless of flight or carrier, were in the same line for checkin. You might be able to book it in advance? The other option is to be in a wheelchair; they rightfully get priority.

I didn't see any option for a lounge at the airport. The terminal is like a vast airplane hanger, and we had to wait to get close to any counter. All passengers, regardless of flight or carrier, were in the same line for checkin. You might be able to book it in advance? The other option is to be in a wheelchair; they rightfully get priority.

Wheelchairs do get priority; but first you have to check in, then get someone to push the wheelchair. Two people, including me, needed wheelchairs. The pusher took the other guy, who was with me and arrived at the same time, first. It took him 40 minutes to get back to me. All in all, much more than an hour to get to the business class lounge, and no real food in the lounge.

If Rio wants to be a first class city, it ought to do better than a 3rd rate airport.