Equinox Gym Classes

HammerTownGal

Leaving soon (September 7th) on the Equinox...13 days in the med:) I am hoping to keep the weight gain to a minimum (lol...probably not possible but as I won't deny myself all of the food I have been dreaming about I will have to try to work it off instead). I have looked at some recent dailies and see that a lot of the fitness classes have fees.

Aside from the pool side exercise (Zumba etc)....are there any FREE classes? I know that I can use the gym but I like to attend a class to stay motivated or my brain will think "cheeseburger" and I'll be out of that gym in a jiffy!

I have a late seating dinner...so the best time for me to work out is between 4 and 7. Do they even have classes at that time? Most of my port days will start early so I would prefer to avoid the early morning workouts:) If not, I will be hitting the treadmill or the track...but I thought I would see if anyone had any insight into this...

Thanks in advance for the info.

Other than the couple of free zumba that they do, all the rest is chargeable for classes. Bootcamp, yoga, pilates and spin all charge. The gym itself as you say is free to use.There are may times that the class space is not is use and I've seen people take in their own music to workout themselves

Leaving soon (September 7th) on the Equinox...13 days in the med:) I am hoping to keep the weight gain to a minimum (lol...probably not possible but as I won't deny myself all of the food I have been dreaming about I will have to try to work it off instead). I have looked at some recent dailies and see that a lot of the fitness classes have fees.

Aside from the pool side exercise (Zumba etc)....are there any FREE classes? I know that I can use the gym but I like to attend a class to stay motivated or my brain will think "cheeseburger" and I'll be out of that gym in a jiffy!

I have a late seating dinner...so the best time for me to work out is between 4 and 7. Do they even have classes at that time? Most of my port days will start early so I would prefer to avoid the early morning workouts:) If not, I will be hitting the treadmill or the track...but I thought I would see if anyone had any insight into this...

I am pretty sure that I read about classes no longer being free and that they are held in a room, not outside as on other ships I've cruised on.

Does anyone know how often and approximate times zumba is now held?

Thanks!

We don't pay to take gym classes on board, instead we just use the equipment in the gym. At certain times the place is crowded so we avoid those times and go when there are more machines available. It helps to keep the pounds off. At least it's an alternative. Hope it helps.