How do you get in the Concierge Lounge?

kybill

when we were on the Radiance in April, we used the concieger lounge and on our first visit the conceiger asked us for our seapass key to compare it to the list with our name on it, after that he greeted us by our name on each visit, Willie was amazing and a treated us very special. There were so many of us on the ship, he moved the drinks in the evening to a lounge on Deck 13. We went each evening and met some very nice people. That is what I enjoyed about it, getting to met people. Enjoy

when we were on the Radiance in April, we used the concieger lounge and on our first visit the conceiger asked us for our seapass key to compare it to the list with our name on it, after that he greeted us by our name on each visit, Willie was amazing and a treated us very special. There were so many of us on the ship, he moved the drinks in the evening to a lounge on Deck 13. We went each evening and met some very nice people. That is what I enjoyed about it, getting to met people. Enjoy

That would indeed be unfortunate and even dishonest, frankly. Here's why. Passengers buy into the Crown and Anchor loyalty program by repeatedly traveling on RCI ships. They do so because they know about the clearly defined perks given to those higher up on the loyalty ladder.

What then happens when a passenger reaches the Diamond or Diamond Plus level only to be told that the perks he has been working toward are no longer available? The entire loyalty program would be based on false advertising that those who travel a given amount of times with RCI would be entitled to clearly defined rewards for their loyalty.

If RCI is indeed on the verge of an explosion in numbers of passengers who have reached Diamond status or better, thus overburdening Concierge Lounges, then it is the responsibility of RCI to remedy the situation by increasing the size of its lounges or by having more than one lounge.

Another remedy would be to "grandfather in" those who have entered the Crown and Anchor loyalty program before a cutoff date, so that they may enjoy the benefits that they were promised when they entered the program.

To do less would render the loyalty program nothing more than a cyncial and dishonest effort to snag repeat cruisers with empty promises. If word gets around that RCI has failed to deliver on its loyalty program, the cruise line will lose many repeat cruisers who have no compelling incentive to sail on RCI instead of other ships.

we all know how cruise lines have fine print in their cruise contracts. We all know how pissed people get when they do not get reimbursed for missed ports due to the fine print. I am sure that the Crown and Anchor society has fine print that states that they can change the program as they see fit.

but they must have gone to the same school of manners.

We had the biggest laugh out of RICO on Infinity. He polished my husband shoes in the closet without us asking. He had tropical fruit bowl delivered every morning at 6AM even sliced 4 kiwis on a plate while I was in the shower & had it on the table.

We had our bottle of champagne iced in the bucket to enjoy after dinner, since no show that night. We couldn't drink the entire bottle & I shoved a batch of toilet paper in the top & dumped the water out & the new ice into it. Next morning he put a grape wrapped in plastic wrap into the top, WOW a champagne topper! Then we got a second bottle, we used it!

What you don't learn on a cruise............

Rick, our cabin steward not only didn't "say anything" when he saw my stash of bottles neatly arranged on the bar, but he rushed right out and brought a champagne bucket back when he saw me trying to shove a champagne bottle into the too-small regular ice bucket. He then kept both filled all the time. On the last night, as soon as we left the suite to go to dinner, he iced the remaining bottle of champagne without being asked! It was perfectly chilled and ready for our last-night late-night enjoyment.

Carol

Shall be enjoying it on the Jewel of the Seas in Feb. Thanks for the thread.

Jan

Jan,

They let me in to take pictures while they were cleaning it on our Jewel cruise. If you haven't seen pictures of the lounge yet, use this link.....

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/coming_soonjewel_of/page2.html

Bobbie

We will be in our 1st ever suite (OS #1314) in December and are looking forward to this perk. I know that for us personally, we have worked very hard for this trip and saved our money in order to enjoy not only the room but the concierge as well. I also feel that diamond members have absolutely indeed earned the right to enjoy this as well, regardless of their accomadations. I look forward to meeting some of them.

Does anyone know if the concerige on the Explorer has a window?? Just wondering is all. This has been intersting reading indeed!

Maybe we could have a small function in our cabin of Cruise Critic members on this forthcoming cruise, just to compare how the concierge does it vs. how we like to.............oh, never mind. Well, it's a thought!

Rick,

What ship and date again?

• 3 weeks later...
We are Diamond and on the NOS 12/17....what deck is the Concierge Lounge on? It's not on the deck plans.

Look at the deck plans for Deck 9. The Concierge Lounge is located just behind the aft Centrum in the "hump" area.

Following a cruise on Zuiderdam where we had concierge service (which was wonderful), we had a very enjoyable cruise on Brilliance to the Panama Canal. While on board we figured we would check out the concierge lounge, (as although in a JS at the time we will achieve Diamond Status on our next cruise). It was a big disappointment after seeing how Holland America does the same service...

I really think RCCL could improve on what they offer, especially as they restrict the hours the lounge is open..on Zuiderdam it was a quite retreat for a cup of coffee or such all day if you chose it.

I really enjoy both cruise lines, so this is not sour grapes against RCCL, just a point of view.

We will be in our 1st ever suite (OS #1314) in December and are looking forward to this perk. I know that for us personally, we have worked very hard for this trip and saved our money in order to enjoy not only the room but the concierge as well. I also feel that diamond members have absolutely indeed earned the right to enjoy this as well, regardless of their accomadations. I look forward to meeting some of them.

Does anyone know if the concerige on the Explorer has a window?? Just wondering is all. This has been intersting reading indeed!

Diva,

The CL on Explorer is an interior space on Deck 9 just aft of the aft Centrum. No windows but it's a very quiet relaxing place. Your concierge is Martin Sanchez who will make you feel like royalty. (We were in Rm 1300 BTW). 1314 is a nice OS on the hump and is immaculate. I met our neighbors who were guests of that suite.

Martin may contact you via e-mail about a week or so prior to your cruise to introduce himself and to offer to set any reservations for you prior to your coming on board. So think about what days you may want to see the ice show, go to Portofino, or indulge in any spa offerings. He will take care of it all for you before you even arrive.

Diva,

The CL on Explorer is an interior space on Deck 9 just aft of the aft Centrum. No windows but it's a very quiet relaxing place. Your concierge is Martin Sanchez who will make you feel like royalty. (We were in Rm 1300 BTW). 1314 is a nice OS on the hump and is immaculate. I met our neighbors who were guests of that suite.

Martin may contact you via e-mail about a week or so prior to your cruise to introduce himself and to offer to set any reservations for you prior to your coming on board. So think about what days you may want to see the ice show, go to Portofino, or indulge in any spa offerings. He will take care of it all for you before you even arrive.

Following a cruise on Zuiderdam where we had concierge service (which was wonderful), we had a very enjoyable cruise on Brilliance to the Panama Canal. While on board we figured we would check out the concierge lounge, (as although in a JS at the time we will achieve Diamond Status on our next cruise). It was a big disappointment after seeing how Holland America does the same service...

I really think RCCL could improve on what they offer, especially as they restrict the hours the lounge is open..on Zuiderdam it was a quite retreat for a cup of coffee or such all day if you chose it.

I really enjoy both cruise lines, so this is not sour grapes against RCCL, just a point of view.

Only the hours when the concierge is available are restricted but the lounge can be accessed anytime of the day or evening. The concierge has specific hours in the morning and evening when (s)he is there and available to be of service to you, but otherwise there are no restrictions as to when the lounge is open. Lounge on Radiance class ships and on Enchantment also have RCI Online computer terminals should you want to use them and the ones in the public areas are in use.

[ Don't bother

Not worth the bother./QUOTE]-ianturner

What bother? Please elucidate.

Archived