San Juan stop - Juan Carlos Latin Show?

Katie333

This is a very specific question, but CC'ers tend to know everything so ....

A couple of years ago we took a cruise on Princess which originated in San Juan PR. The ship set sail at 11pm and a local entertainer billed as the Juan Carlos Latin show came onboard. Juan Carlos has been doing his show for many many years and in addition to some really terrific guitar playing he has some beautiful dancers that showcase a variety of different latin dances. We truly enjoyed this performance and still talk about it today. (I tend to always prefer the 'local' entertainment when it's brought onboard, we saw some really cool things when we were in Asia, but I digress).

We are sailing with HAL in January and have a stop in San Juan until 11pm at night (I think 2-11). Would anyone happen to know if Juan Carlos might also come aboard HAL? My hope is that since they are both in the Carnival family and the timing is right, we might be lucky.

Anyone know?

Hi- we were on Noordam in January for new years with a San Juan stop. We had signed up for bioluminescent kayaking, but, the "lights" were out! So the on board shore ex brochure had added an evening out-featuring Juan Carlos and his guitar - and dancing girls- at a San Juan Hotel, including the bus transportation.

It was very popular- and we were at the end of a long line, and on the second bus!

Show was great-one of our favorite shore excursions -ever- in the Caribbean! ( and, like you, the only evening onshore that we fondly recall after 3 decades!)

This may not be listed in advance on line, with other activities, but may be added on board.

Sorry I cannot add rest of detail about price, hotel, day of week, program, but we leave all cruise packets in FL house.

I knew someone would know the answer! :)

Juan Carlos is indeed listed as a shorex on HAL. Interesting that Princess brought him aboard free of charge for a dedicated performance in one of the ship's lounges but HAL doesn't. Princess also brought a lot of entertainers onboard while we were in Asia. HAL had minimal performers during our recent Med cruise now that I think about it. It surprises me a bit that Princess does these things and HAL doesn't.

Thanks INSIDER for the response. :p