Curious re:Captain's Club Points

Jane2357

That is exactly it. We only got sucked in because 2 years ago we took a Med cruise for our 30th anniversary and prices fell so much we ended up in a skysuite. We earned a good bit of points that cruise and suddenly zenith seemed a great idea. Now that they changed the point system, we have come back to reality. We like Celebrity and we will cruise Celebrity but that does not mean we will not choose Princess or HAL if they offer something better. Now if all things were equal, perhaps we would go for Celebrity to make zenith, but we are going to go for what is best for us. Perks are just not worth it, as you said, who knows when the perks will change and not be as good so that is certainly not a reason to book.

Lol! I meant elite. Zenith will never happen I am sure. I will die first!

My wife and I would already be Elite under the new system, under the old system 13 nights in a CC is the same number of credits as 12 nights in CS and 11 nights in a RS is one day shorter and 1 less credit. The 3 credit cap on a single sailing disadvantaged guest would took longer cruises.

RS 11 Night Ultimate Alaska Cruise 2 c or 11x12 = 132

CS 12 Night Classical Mediterranean Cruise 3 c or 12x12 = 144

CC 13 Night Ultimate Alaska Cruise 3 c or 13*5 = 65

old system 8 credits covered to 265pt or under the new system 341

I did get the Elite coupons when sailing the suites. I did get chastised for not coming to the Elite cocktails by the club host (right before we got off the ship), strangely we where never told we could attend.

Maybe a skysuite is not good enough a suite to get the elite perks because we were never told we could get elite perks. In fact, we could not get laundry done a so many elites had gone for the pay for one bag get on e bag free deal that the ship's laundry was overwhelmed until the night of day 8 (which was day 9 to me and yes this was confirmed as we asked the butler why we could not get laundry done, besides having things pressed which he would do. He explained this). By that point we decided we did not care if we went home with dirty laundry; as I was pissed I had to wash things out by hand. You see that was a Med cruise and we packed light, since we were flying. In 90 plus degree weather, there was no way we could were our day wear twice. I am sure that cost them a lot of revenue as we alone would have spent over $100 on laundry if we could have.