Couple of questions about Breakaway in Port of New York.....

wasiii

.....this will be my second time on the Breakaway.

1. Does anyone know if the Breakaway ever changes sides when they port at home? I've read the thread on which side the ship docks in Bermuda but I have never read anything about New York/

2. I would like to take some pictures of the ship when it is coming up the Hudson on Sunday morning. Can anyone recommend any places to take a picture whether it be in New York or New Jersey?

And directions would be helpful.

TIA

wasiii

Edited by wasiii

Bill -

As to your first question, Breakaway always docks head first into the NY pier.

I can't speak much to the NY side, but on the NJ side, Liberty State Park would be a great vantage point, as well as Pier A in Hoboken. Liberty State Park opens at 6am. I think Pier A is open 24/7.

Liberty State Park - take the NJ Turnpike extension to exit 14B and follow signs to the park.

Hoboken Pier A - Take US 495 East to the Hoboken exit. Make a right onto Park Ave and follow that into Hoboken. Pier A is on Sinatra Drive at 1st Street.

John

Bill -

As to your first question, Breakaway always docks head first into the NY pier.

I can't speak much to the NY side, but on the NJ side, Liberty State Park would be a great vantage point, as well as Pier A in Hoboken. Liberty State Park opens at 6am. I think Pier A is open 24/7.

Liberty State Park - take the NJ Turnpike extension to exit 14B and follow signs to the park.

Hoboken Pier A - Take US 495 East to the Hoboken exit. Make a right onto Park Ave and follow that into Hoboken. Pier A is on Sinatra Drive at 1st Street.

John

Thanks for the info John I look forward to hanging with you on the ship. It's only another 26 days, 4 hours and 5 minutes till we sail.

Don't know if I can wait that long.

:eek:

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Breakaway always pulls into Pier 88.

If you are staying in NYC, go anywhere in Hudson River Park to watch her sail up the Hudson River.

Far West Manhattan from 59th St. all the way down to Battery Place (the lowest tip of NYC). It's right on the river with prime views.

There are restaurants in Chelsea Piers and indoor public restrooms.

Have fun !!!!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

We stayed at the Conrad just a block from the Hudson and I went out and snapped pics of Breakaway returning to port the morning we were leaving. Really cool. Anywhere along Battery Park should do just fine for you. Set your alarm...she comes in really early.

Edited by Winston Wolf