Checking Your Reservation Online Can Cost You Money ???

disfan

I had the same problem in CruisingPower. I thought that it was only me that found this in CruisingPower itself. When I opened a reservation, it deleted the C&A Balcony discount and the pricing changed for a booked and paid reservation. The problem seems to reside in the booking/reservation system which, I am assuming because I am not a techie, is how cruisers can see their reservations in the MyCruises section of the website.

I almost fell out my chair when I saw it because I got a fantastic rate on day 1 of the first BOGOHO sale. While in my reservation in CP, I noticed the total price was WAY higher. I ignored the reservation so it wouldn't save any changes and went back in to make sure the original price was still on the booking. It was but then the system tried to change it again! I got on the phone with RC and advised them of the problem and they said they'd look into it. I just made sure I had a correct confirmation and I haven't gone back into the reservation again. Now I'm having a problem with one of my group bookings and I'm getting error messages and I can no longer access it. I don't have these problems with any other line.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk

This is weird.

I booked and paid for a cruise this past weekend and received a booking confirmation, for a cruise next week.

Today when I checked my reservation online , I owed an additional $400 plus.

I called the D+ desk and after an extended wait, the issue was resolved.

I was told that I caused the problem by checking my reservation online, as there was a price increase, which was applied when I opened the reservation.

The suggestion was that I don't open any reservations but call Royal instead, with any questions.

I guess that I can't check for the upgrade fairy, change room set up, dining reservations etc?

Comments?

It happened to me just last week. If there is some king of promo code attached to your reservation any changes you make (even checking in) can cause the promo code to drop.