Carnival options question

xplor97

My current cabin category, a 6K on Sunshine, is sold out (As there are only two 6K's available and my friends have the other) and a higher category 8B (Balcony cabins) have become less than what I paid for the 6K...what are my options?

I booked ES. Am I eligible for OBC? An upgrade? I'm sure price reduction is out of the question as we cruise Oct 4th.

I'm also dealing with a travel agency...which I'm not sure is 100% on their game...that’s why I'm coming to the pros...you. Thanks.

You can request to be upgraded to the balcony cabin, and also get the price reduction as OBC from what that category cost compared to what you paid. The TA must fill out the form or call for you - you can't do it yourself. If you want the balcony, I would suggest picking out a specific room in that category that's you would like before talking to the TA.

Did your friends book ES too? If so, they will probably also get lucky - once you're gone from your 6K, chances are the price will go down on that cabin category too - and they can submit for the price reduction.

If you or your friends don't want to move from the 6K, unfortunately you're out of luck for getting money back since there is no lower rate to price match to if the category is sold out.

Good luck!

Jenn :)

By the rules of ES, you're not entitled to anything, but your TA can, if they wish, attempt to get you an upgrade. I wouldn't count on getting anything though. I really don't know why Carnival would even offer ES on that category if there are only 2 cabins available in the first place.

My current cabin category, a 6K on Sunshine, is sold out (As there are only two 6K's available and my friends have the other) and a higher category 8B (Balcony cabins) have become less than what I paid for the 6K...what are my options?

I booked ES. Am I eligible for OBC? An upgrade? I'm sure price reduction is out of the question as we cruise Oct 4th.

I'm also dealing with a travel agency...which I'm not sure is 100% on their game...that’s why I'm coming to the pros...you. Thanks.

I had a 6J (also a limited quantity on each ship). On our cruise, the balconies also ended up cheaper than our current room. We received two price drops. Once my dh called and was able to do it. The second time we must've got someone new as the customer service agent said he couldn't do it. So, we submitted a price protection form with what I thought the price should be and it was approved with 48hrs or so. In total, we saved $700 on our cruise with price adjustments.