NCL Aloha - October 2, 05

rthomasmke

Greetings,

This will be our first trip to the Islands. I have been looking at the itinerary, especially the couple of stops that are overnight with the trusty shore excursion in hand and those cruise ship prices.

What can you recommend seeing? I am looking at the myriad of shore excursions and comparing them to what I can find on-line. Good experiences? Bad experiences?

What is the availability of rental cars close to the port in Kauai or Maui? We are overnight at both of those places.

Any info is great. We are used to booking our own excursions outside of the ship's.

Any other family members sailing?

Thanks!

bob

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Bob, my partner and I will be on this same cruise. I reserved a Jeep in Maui from dollar rental. I am also looking at renting a car in Kauai. I have been told that most rent a car agencies have transportation from the ship to the airport in Maui to get your cars. I have also been told you can park your car somewhere near the ship overnight.

I have been researching a lot of shore excursions online, most of the ships pricing on shore excursions are out of control and I am not a big fan of being on a bus with 100 other people and wasting time, I would rather for us to find these activities ourself. We have purchased snorkle gear and bringing it with us so we can just snorkle where ever we see.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find out any other info.

Tim

My partner and I sailed on the PoAloha from San Fransico to HNL.

We had a great time on this cruise and found the ships staff to be very gay friendly, a lot were gay.

Shuttles picked us up in every port to take us to our rental car. We did leave our rental car near the ship overnight in Maui. (There was no charge at that time).

We DID NOT use NCLA shore excursions. It was very easy to find the same excursions online direct from the provider at a substantial savings.

My fav was the downhill bike ride in Maui and my partner loved taking the tubes through the irrigation ditches in Kauai.

After sailing Hawaii we were unexcited to return to the Caribbean this past winter.

We also just returned from a 12 day cruise to Europe on the new NCL Jewel. The history was great but the beauty of Hawaii was equally impressive.

I know you guys will have a great time.

Archived