Aurora info please.

djbo

Hello,

We are first-time cruisers going on Aurora 25th Sept and we are in cabin B179. Could anyone tell me what to expect? For example as regards the cabin and I know alcoholic drinks and soft drinks are to be paid for but what about teas and coffees? Also I have read somewhere that you can pay for wine packages but we haven't received any info from p&o as yet. I have read on some forums that you are offered Champagne on boarding the ship and then asked to pay for it, is this true?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

We are first-time cruisers going on Aurora 25th Sept and we are in cabin B179. Could anyone tell me what to expect? For example as regards the cabin and I know alcoholic drinks and soft drinks are to be paid for but what about teas and coffees? Also I have read somewhere that you can pay for wine packages but we haven't received any info from p&o as yet. I have read on some forums that you are offered Champagne on boarding the ship and then asked to pay for it, is this true?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Tea and coffee making facilities are available in the cabin, or you could order them via room service, both free. You can purchase Costa coffee at some bars. Wine packages are on sale when you arrive on board and can also be bought from your wine waiter, purchasing 6 bottles from a wine list saves you approx 15%. On sail away champagne is on sale at a reduced price per glass.

Enjoy your cruise. You won't be ripped off

Ian

Aurora is a beautiful ship and you will adore her. If you like a drink in your cabin we always taken a couple of bottles of champagne with us and put them in the fridge in your cabin, just pack them in your hand luggage rather than main luggage, also you can pick up cheap bottles of wine in ports. A wine package is available we went for the commodore option and works out to about £14 a bottle so slightly cheaper, you can choose between 6, 9 and 12 bottles so if you're planning a bottle with dinner it can work out cheaper. Have a great cruise, I'm on the oriana next week which is auroras sister ship... Can't wait

Emma

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, not much more to add to above replies, we have sailed with P&O several times in the past (but not Aurora) we are on same cruise. Check P&O website/cruise personalizer for drinks packages. You may only need to pay for specialty coffees i.e. Costa etc. normally tea/coffee is available all day and most of the night from the cafeteria. You may be able to purchase a drinks package that includes specialty coffees/wine etc. It would be nice to be offered welcome drink, hopefully P&O will do this (Celebrity certainly does). Enjoy the cruise and take your dancing shoes!!

• 2 weeks later...