A Swan Nest Inn in Seward-Any Recent Reviews?

Mrs. Squirrel

I have already searched CC, and reviews on Trip Advisor are mostly dated. We are traveling with DS 10 who is excited about the loft area, but I am concerned that the rooms look 'smaller than the cruise ship' tiny for 3.

Please give me your impressions. If you would not recommend A Swan Nest Inn, what accommodation in town? We are not renting a car for our two nights in Seward and are looking to spend less on the room and more on our excursion plans. We will be there mid-July, 2015.

Thank you.

You might want to ask your question on tripadvisor. There's a Seward local who is frequently on the forum.

If your only concern is the size of the room, ask the hotel for the sq footage.

It's in the downtown end of Seward as opposed to the small boat harbor. Nothing wrong with that, just saying. It's within 2 blocks of the bay and the Sealife Center.

There's a nice waterfront pathway you can take to the harbor, about 1 1/2 miles. You usually see otters playing off shore and bald eagles around. Or you can take the free shuttle around town. Or a taxi will be under $10.

You might want to ask your question on tripadvisor. There's a Seward local who is frequently on the forum.

If your only concern is the size of the room, ask the hotel for the sq footage.

It's in the downtown end of Seward as opposed to the small boat harbor. Nothing wrong with that, just saying. It's within 2 blocks of the bay and the Sealife Center.

There's a nice waterfront pathway you can take to the harbor, about 1 1/2 miles. You usually see otters playing off shore and bald eagles around. Or you can take the free shuttle around town. Or a taxi will be under $10.

Thank you. I have never tried the forum on Tripadvisor. Good advice. Is being nearer to the harbor a better location? Better as in closer to shopping, restaurants, coffee shops?