About the R ships Owners Suite Decks

Caroldoll

Jim and Stan might know this, but someone else who has sailed on an R ship, i.e. Regatta etc. The deck outside the Owners Suite on Princess is REAL closed in. Did Oceania do it over???? I like that stern deck for sunbathing, but it seemed to me that the sun can't get in?????

We just got back from Princess....perish the thought, but we stayed overnight and saw the Edinburgh Royal Tattoo. It was fabulous...the Tattoo!

Help?????

013146.jpg013113.jpg

In those aft Suites, the veranda railings are solid steel bulwarks rather than openwork, and there is the overhang to contend with, but our experience has been that you can still count on 5 to 6 hours of full sun on those verandas.

So much so that you may need to leave the drapes drawn in order to allow the air conditioning to catch up, if you are on "the sunny side of the ship" (Good name for a song, huh? :p ).

2008_02_13_pacific_princess_pfw_d.jpg

b_125316.jpg

I use it for getting a suntan! Hate to go up to the pool!

I am wondering if that type of a balcony blocks you view when you are sitting down? I felt it would when we were on Princess.

Just thanks.

Carole

I use it for getting a suntan! Hate to go up to the pool!

I am wondering if that type of a balcony blocks you view when you are sitting down? I felt it would when we were on Princess.

Just thanks.

Carole

If your sitting on the balcony no problem seeing over the railing. If, however your sitting inside the solid railing will block you view unless your very tall.

In the long run it's all good. Best suite there is on the R ships.