Bring 1.5 L Wine?

NCarolinaCruiser

The fee is $20 plus auto gratuity of 15% so $23, it's per bottle, any size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The auto grat is added on to the corkage charge?

No mention of that in the DCL FAQ's?

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/preparing-for-your-cruise/alcohol-onboard-policy/

ex techie

If no limit on the size of the box, I guess it won't be long before these start turning up for dinner.....

about-vintner-whitemerlot.jpg

ex techie

At the big circle table in the Royal Palace! I think it seats 12. Pass the box around and we all fall down!

soccer

The auto gratuity is added to anything DCL categorizes as a "bar charge." Yes, this includes the corkage fee as well as purchase of the cute light up things that clip on the glasses, virgin drinks made by a bar tender (no charge for a server adding some cherry juice to a coke or sprite).

If no limit on the size of the box, I guess it won't be long before these start turning up for dinner.....

about-vintner-whitemerlot.jpg

ex techie

My parents being big wine drinkers asked if they could bring a "box o wine" and get charged 1 corkage fee. I told them it would be tacky to bring the box to dinner, but based on responses we'll be bringing some 1.5 L. Thanks for all the replies!

You can bring on as much of any beverage--alcoholic or otherwise--as you wish provided it is in your carry on luggage. Beverages brought on board are for consumption in your own cabin only (but this is loosely enforced). Any alcohol other than a single glass carried into a dining room is subject to the corkage fee of $20 + auto gratuity. However, if there is any left, they will recork it and serve it the next night.

You may also bring on alcohol from ports of call. Again, you carry it on. DCL will not accept deliveries from vendors in ports that are guest purchases.

Coolers are not permitted other than small ones for medications,

Edited by moki'smommy

The auto gratuity is added to anything DCL categorizes as a "bar charge." Yes' date=' this includes the corkage fee as well as purchase of the cute light up things that clip on the glasses, virgin drinks made by a bar tender (no charge for a server adding some cherry juice to a coke or sprite).[/quote']

Seems excessive given the fee, but if thats the policy!

ex techie

My parents being big wine drinkers asked if they could bring a "box o wine" and get charged 1 corkage fee. I told them it would be tacky to bring the box to dinner, but based on responses we'll be bringing some 1.5 L. Thanks for all the replies!

I don't think it is tacky. If thats the wine they like, who cares it it's in a box as a posed to a bottle?!

ex techie

Not all box wine is garbage. I am not saying it is Dom Perignon, but Black Box Wine is quite drinkable! I don't mind the whites in the summer where I like my wine colder than normal.

http://www.blackboxwines.com/

A typical BB costs about $20 per box and is also great if you aren't a drink the whole bottle kind of person, but still like a glass or two in the evening.

I think even if you brought a box of wine to the dining room you would still be charged the fee. The fee isn't necessary for the act of uncorking the bottle but for bring a bottle or a box that you brought from home to a public venue.

I think even if you brought a box of wine to the dining room you would still be charged the fee. The fee isn't necessary for the act of uncorking the bottle but for bring a bottle or a box that you brought from home to a public venue.

Yep,

A service charge for bring a non purchased aboard bootle/box aboard.

Even if you remove the cork there or beforehand, you "MAY" be charged.

Or unscrew the cap, turn the tap.

Even if it is a $18.99 bottle of Cava. (Spanish cheap fizzy wine)

If it is a gift pre-bought through DCL or onboard no charge.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie