Upgrade Decision...need advise!

tink77

Ok...we have a party of 4 going on the Fascination in Oct. 2 adult previous cruisers and 2 kids (15 and 10) who have never cruised.

Originally, I booked an interior, midship on the main floor. Was offered an upgrade today for aft empress floor with an oceanview.

Would you take this upgrade?? The window doesn't really make a difference to us adults, not sure if it really would with the kids since we wouldn't be in the room much. Plus, one kid deals with motion sickness in the car..but does fine out on the boat all summer.

Thoughts?

I usually prefer lower, midship, but I do like Empress aft (I've had the little 1A back there in the center hallway).

What I like most is the "secret" stairway that goes up to the Serenity Deck then up to the Lido (with kids, you maybe should just take the "not-secret" regular stairwell/elevator since Serenity is Adults only). Some of us old grouches get upset seeing kids back there, even if just passing through. ;)

Yes, there will be more vibration aft. I personally prefer insides to OV because I love my nice, dark cabin at night. I've even been known to get up and put a towel along the bottom of the door to keep any hall light from seeping in. :p

I've found sitting in the cabin looking at the horizon helps not at all if I'm feeling the motion. I have to get out on an outside deck and get the fresh air. I spend as little time in the cabin as possible.

Edited by NCTribeFan

Ok...we have a party of 4 going on the Fascination in Oct. 2 adult previous cruisers and 2 kids (15 and 10) who have never cruised.

Originally, I booked an interior, midship on the main floor. Was offered an upgrade today for aft empress floor with an oceanview.

Would you take this upgrade?? The window doesn't really make a difference to us adults, not sure if it really would with the kids since we wouldn't be in the room much. Plus, one kid deals with motion sickness in the car..but does fine out on the boat all summer.

Thoughts?

I would take that upsell for $30 total for 4. Empress is a good place to be on a Fantasy class ship. Personally I like being aft and have not experienced more motion there. IMO being forward on the ship you would have the most motion. Being aft on Empress also puts you a short elevator ride to the Lido where the coffee and food are.

Have a great cruise.

It's worth a $30 splurge. I think, like many, empress is the place to be on fantasy class ships.

If you're interested, and located towards the aft, there's a rarely used stairwell port side leading up to serenity. I booked our room there because of that.

For $30.00 I'd definitely take the upgrade. Besides what others have mentioned, it's possible the OV has a little more room than the inside. That's true on some ships. I like being aft and have only felt the extra motion when coming into port in the mornings. You're fortunate to have received that offer.