Price drop help

mandydean

Hi,

I'm thinking my cruise might be eligible for a price drop but I'm not entirely sure. How can I tell whether it was an "Early Saver" booking? I don't see that mentioned in my email or my online booking information. I also am not very familiar with stateroom categories, etc. I know that when I booked, I chose my own interior cabin (since that was not any costlier than letting Carnival choose), but right now I could get an Ocean View cabin for less than I paid for the interior. So, I'd prefer money back, or else an upgrade. But want to be sure I'm eligible for one. Is there an easy way to find out, or should I just call? For some reason I'm worried they'll be reluctant to help me ;-)

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi,

I'm thinking my cruise might be eligible for a price drop but I'm not entirely sure. How can I tell whether it was an "Early Saver" booking? I don't see that mentioned in my email or my online booking information. I also am not very familiar with stateroom categories, etc. I know that when I booked, I chose my own interior cabin (since that was not any costlier than letting Carnival choose), but right now I could get an Ocean View cabin for less than I paid for the interior. So, I'd prefer money back, or else an upgrade. But want to be sure I'm eligible for one. Is there an easy way to find out, or should I just call? For some reason I'm worried they'll be reluctant to help me ;-)

Thanks,

Amanda

If I was unsure of weather or not I booked ES or not I would call the Carnival number, explain what I had booked and now what prices I am seeing. The call center person will be able to tell you if your are eligible for OBC or some other upgrade (like being moved to an OV at not extra cost). Best of luck and happy sailing.

Amanda,

In your confirmation email, toward the bottom, you will find a section called "Guest Notes". If you booked Early Saver, one of the items will state this.

Steve

Not necessarily ......I don't find that on any of my invoices (have them all saved electronically) and I always book Early Saver....:confused:

Amanda,

In your confirmation email, toward the bottom, you will find a section called "Guest Notes". If you booked Early Saver, one of the items will state this.

Steve

Thanks! I did notice it had an Early Saver memo, but I wasn't sure if everyone got that footnote regardless of their rate. Thanks! I'm excited - think I'll call and see if I can get upgraded! Or maybe I'll be responsible and ask for the refund....... :-)

Thanks! I did notice it had an Early Saver memo, but I wasn't sure if everyone got that footnote regardless of their rate. Thanks! I'm excited - think I'll call and see if I can get upgraded! Or maybe I'll be responsible and ask for the refund....... :-)

Good luck. I twice this week called for a price drop and it was handled efficiently and quickly both times.

Didn't you say the Oceanview cabin was less than what you paid for Interior?

If that's the case - you should be able to get the upgrade AND the price difference! :)

I got an upgrade! I was not eligible for any money-back. When I booked, I had chosen my own interior room, and the lower "interior room" price is for a "Guaranteed" room, so I could not get a price drop on the interior.

However, since the "Oceanview Guarantee" rate is considered an upgrade, and would have been $40 less, I was allowed to trade in for this upgrade. Taxes had increased since I booked in July - quite a bit, so rather than receiving $40 back, I had to pay an extra $15 to make up for the taxes.... I went for it though. It's for a "guaranteed ocean view" so we can't pick our room, but since we didn't really care where we are on the ship, we went ahead with it. Hoping we'll be glad we upgraded!

Thanks everyone! If you have any horror stories about winding up with an awful room after choosing a guaranteed rate.... well... keep them to yourself. :-)

I think you will get a better room on a guarantee OV than inside. All the OV are the same size but on different levels and parts of the ship I have a guar OV for the Ecstasy in October, I see no forwards available for Riviera and Main Decks (this is my biggest concern) lots of midships on all decks and several afts on several decks.