How Does This Work, New On-line MDR Table Pre-Book

If this has been covered earlier I apologize, but on the CC RCCL page it states that:

"Passengers can now pre-book tables in the main dining room online before they cruise."

How does this work? Are they supplying a table layout now for our shopping leisure. That would give me more fun time when boarding instead of running to see where we are seated and making changes. Is it working, has anyone done it to their satisfaction?

Also how would this work with the new "Dynamic Dining" being implemented? Starting to get a little complicated, I like simple and stress free. I'm okay with pre-booking my table in advance but I'm getting worked up over this Dynamic Dining and changing dining rooms every night.

We last cruised last year, but I was not aware of this so it must be fairly new. We will be cruising again next year and I'm trying to stay current as time goes by.

I appreciate any info...

Angela

Edited by Butterfly625
grammer

I did search this on Cruise Critic and found the following on http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=147

Once You're Booked: Click on the "Before You Board" tab on the top navigation bar of Royal Caribbean's Web site to reveal options for checking in online, pre-reserving shore excursions (from 90 to four days prior to sailing), reserving seats at specialty restaurants (up to four days prior, paid at the time reservations are made) and filling out the necessary travel documents. Passengers can also order gifts and RCI logo gear. Your "Countdown to Cruise" page will contain all of this info. Plus, passengers can pre-book tables in the main dining room online before they cruise.

Don't know why they would state such a thing. :confused: Maybe they are speaking of MTD -- but that is not pre-booking tables.

Killtheump, I'm going on neither. I will be on the Jewel and I also was questioning whether it was only on the newer ships. The informational did not specify any ship, as if it would be fleet wide. It was not on Royals web site but CC.

So after posting I decided to call and get it from the horse itself and the RCCL agent stated she was unaware of that happening at this time for any of the ships. Although she did confirm Dynamic Dining on the Quantum. She also stated that CC often finds out about new features coming before the agents are notified.

So, I take that to mean it is so new or only rumors that the agents are unaware of it at this time. I guess only time will tell.

Angela

You can prebook a time, but not a special table. If you find a waiter, you really like, they will try to seat you in his area. We did a B2B on the Allure, and over 14 nights, we only sat at three different tables. This was for an early dining time though.

I just checked a couple of our bookings and didn't see anything about table selection. Maybe table selection is available on Quantum and Anthem?

I checked mine also and no table selection. On the Before You Board it states Book your table at one of our Specialty Restaurants. Maybe that is where the confusion is from.