It finally hapened, the web site got me!

wallie5446

So the email request for final pymt has hit my in box. Ok, knew it was coming, log into 'My Celebrity' go to make a payment, there is the correct amount showing that is due. Load in the card info, bingo! 0.00 balance due.

Then the fun starts!:eek: It shows this massive amount applied to the card, but then says I have a huge credit due back :confused: Call the Capt Club, yup, sure enough, got hit for a lot more than was due. They said it was all taken care of, but to watch my statement for the credit to come thru. When I logged in, 'My Celebrity' adjusted the cost to current price, not what I booked at back in Jan!

The young Lady who helped me ( we shall see ) said there were people from the IT Dept in Miami in Wichita all last week. They told them there were no problems, all was well in wonderland.

Bottom line, the poor Reps we post about here on CC, are just as frustrated with the web site and failure of the IT people as we are, so cut them some slack:D

EW

So the email request for final pymt has hit my in box. Ok, knew it was coming, log into 'My Celebrity' go to make a payment, there is the correct amount showing that is due. Load in the card info, bingo! 0.00 balance due.

Then the fun starts!:eek: It shows this massive amount applied to the card, but then says I have a huge credit due back :confused: Call the Capt Club, yup, sure enough, got hit for a lot more than was due. They said it was all taken care of, but to watch my statement for the credit to come thru. When I logged in, 'My Celebrity' adjusted the cost to current price, not what I booked at back in Jan!

The young Lady who helped me ( we shall see ) said there were people from the IT Dept in Miami in Wichita all last week. They told them there were no problems, all was well in wonderland.

Bottom line, the poor Reps we post about here on CC, are just as frustrated with the web site and failure of the IT people as we are, so cut them some slack:D

EW

Sorry for your troubles... That would really suck if someone was using non-US currency (paying twice.. As inevitably there are other fees charged for us out of country folk on our CCs ). I would be very annoyed

As for your last para, that has been my experience talking with Celebrity Phone Reps in Miami as well (and that goes back to 2011). I'm guessing this must make their jobs difficult... Gotta wonder if there isn't a big turn around in the call centre because of.

Like others, I scratch my head and wonder WHY on earth Celebrity hasn't made their website more of a priority... It has to be hurting them.

Cheers!

1) Gotta wonder if there isn't a big turn around in the call centre because of.

2) Like others, I scratch my head and wonder WHY on earth Celebrity hasn't made their website more of a priority... It has to be hurting them.

Cheers!

#1) Our Son is a Univ of Kansas Grad. Working at the Celebrity call cntr has had a running joke about it in the student center for years.

#2) I think, don't know, and most times this gets me in some deep do-do:D

In our case at least, when we get on the ship, the product is, 99% of the time, seamless in presentation by the crew and staff. We will fore go the hassles in booking, and using the web site because of the A-Z quality for the price they deliver. This is only my thought which will not get you anything anywhere at anytime.:D

#2) I think, don't know, and most times this gets me in some deep do-do:D

In our case at least, when we get on the ship, the product is, 99% of the time, seamless in presentation by the crew and staff. We will fore go the hassles in booking, and using the web site because of the A-Z quality for the price they deliver. This is only my thought which will not get you anything anywhere at anytime.:D

my experience as well... Use the Website for basic info (some of that content has indeed improved over time) but for booking / Customer service I just skip the whole nightmare and head right to the phone.

For the most part I have few complaints about Celebrity, their Customer Service and people who work for them aboard ship and on the phone have been great.

And in reality... That is what I want for my vacation. They most definitely get tht part right... A lot more than other companies / hotels / resorts where I could just as well spend my vacation dollars.

Which is WHY we continue to cruise Celebrity...

We haven't been disappointed on the actual vacation.

It has lived up or EXCEEDED our expectations.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB