Were you satisfied with your "guarantee" room?

happywife0921

Me too!!! Over 200 open cabins a few days ago for our October 12 sailing so maybe, just maybe we'll get some type of upgrade? I check my reservation several times a day to see if we have cabin assignments yet. The excitement is building. I am really easy to please and am expecting the worse but will have a great time no matter where we end up. :D

I am pretty easy to please too, I think. :o if I had to say, I would prefer not to be assigned to the riveria deck. And the only reason is a bit of claustrophobia.

Me too!!! Over 200 open cabins a few days ago for our October 12 sailing so maybe, just maybe we'll get some type of upgrade? I check my reservation several times a day to see if we have cabin assignments yet. The excitement is building. I am really easy to please and am expecting the worse but will have a great time no matter where we end up. :D

I see we are both still counting cabins lol! Although now I'm counting because since we upgraded to the gty ocean view now we don't have an assignment anymore. I've checked and there are only 8 OV rooms left, and they are all either the deluxe or spa. So we will be happy with either of those. Who knows, we might even get upgraded to a balcony! Can't wait to find out, only 2 weeks left! 😁

I see we are both still counting cabins lol! Although now I'm counting because since we upgraded to the gty ocean view now we don't have an assignment anymore. I've checked and there are only 8 OV rooms left, and they are all either the deluxe or spa. So we will be happy with either of those. Who knows, we might even get upgraded to a balcony! Can't wait to find out, only 2 weeks left!

Be sure to report back!! Happy sailing!

I have had good luck with guarantees (booked inside, assigned balcony a couple of times) and also had the worst room ever with a guarantee. I booked Majesty of the Seas the day before sailing and wound up in a cabin next to a family of four. The kids were allowed to shout and scream and kick the walls at all hours of the day and night, with the parents eventually screaming at them, to no effect. The cruise was only $99 each, we still had a good time, and it was worth $198 to learn NOT to book next door to a cabin that holds four people :D

You can have the screamers and kickers in a cabin for 2 also.

There are no guarantees of nice, civil neighbors, no matter 2/4, guarantee or not.

We can only hope for the best.

There are no guarantees of nice, civil neighbors, no matter 2/4, guarantee or not.

Probably less likely with 2 than 4 but true...the hard thing is being next to kids on each side..2 or 4 inside cabin..with folks across the hall on heavy kid cruises..you are just more open to the excited kid scenario..and alone in the cabin..they can be good kids too..just kids..Easter Sunday..5 day Cabo exit on the Spirit..LOL.

Aim for the best scenario..take earplugs and the need decompress enough and alot can be shut out..I learned to fall asleep with the noise onboard and that is RARE indeed!!

Edited by sjn911

Overall, it was fine. The room location wasn't the best. We were In the very front of the ship. It was a little noisy with the theater. To save $50 a person I don't think it was really worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Booked our first guarantee room for a last minute cruise coming up in 2 weeks. We opted for OV and were assigned a Main deck Forward location that is just a couple cabins away from where Mid starts and the elevator/stairs are located. For what we paid I am satisfied with the location on this class of ship.

I personally would never book a gty for the reasons stated. There is a REASON you don't get to pick your cabin and that it is a lower rate. If you get a good cabin,that's great, but there's also the chance you won't. It's all going to depend on what is left over after people do pick their cabins.

debbie

I think if you keep that in mind, you'll end up okay. I wouldn't book a gty at this point in my life, when I have to travel a long way to the port and have limited vacation opportunities. But, if I was retired and living in Florida, I would be jumping on those really low last minute gty rates. For $200/person for six or seven nights, it would be worth the risk, considering I couldn't even get all that food for that price on land.

That's for sure...especially cabins with 2 that are doing a different kind of screaming and banging against the wall, if ya' know what I mean ;)! Been there, done that.

I woke up this morning to find that we had been assigned cabins. We booked 2 inside guarantee cabins w/ 2 people in each.

My oldest son and I are in #9230 cat 4G and my youngest son and ex-husband are in #7237 cat 4E. We're 2 decks apart :( but almost directly above/below each other so at least they're both starboard and on the same end of the ship.

I wonder how Carnival decides/chooses? There are other cabins open on those two decks that are close to each other. Our reservations are linked so you would think they would notice that availability on the same deck :confused:.

Anyone think it's worth trying to call and see if one of the cabins can be moved closer to the other?

Gina