Soda package all guests must purchase-details

Hello. With the soda package, must it be purchased by all people in the same cabin?

I don't think this is the case but when I try to purchase it online, it states all members of cabin must purchase. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Online will only let you purchase that way but once on the ship you can choose. They will have a table set up in the atrium or you can go to any bar.

Online will only let you purchase that way but once on the ship you can choose. They will have a table set up in the atrium or you can go to any bar.

Not true. We signed up for the corks n caps package on board at a bar. Once we gave them our card, they could see we had 3 kids in our party who HAD to purchase the soda package. Ridiculous, as 2 out of 3 of my kids drank 0 glasses of soda that week, and the other kid had maybe 2 sodas. We brought our own soda on board, as we don't like Pepsi products. NCL are you listening? This policy needs to be changed big-time!

Edited by sharandmike

Not true. We signed up for the corks n caps package on board at a bar. Once we gave them our card, they could see we had 3 kids in our party who HAD to purchase the soda package. Ridiculous, as 2 out of 3 of my kids drank 0 glasses of soda that week, and the other kid had maybe 2 sodas. We brought our own soda on board, as we don't like Pepsi products. NCL are you listening? This policy needs to be changed big-time!

This is because you ordered an alcohol package and their policy is that all members of your party must order the package, or soda package for minors. I understand their policy is to prevent you from abusing the package and handing out alcohol (or sodas) to other people who have not paid for them. I agree though. It is sometimes frivolous.

So I won't have to order for everyone in cabin? I'm just nervous because I am getting conflicting information.

No. I've purchased it at one of the bars on ever NCL cruise I've been on. You absolutely don't have to buy the soda package for everyone in the cabin if you do it that way.

So I won't have to order for everyone in cabin? I'm just nervous because I am getting conflicting information.

Someone threw in an answer related to the alcohol packages, which isn't what you asked, which I think caused confusion.

If you buy the soda packages online, the way the online system works it makes you buy it for everyone. If you wait until you are on board, you do NOT have to buy for everyone, and can just buy for those who want the soda package.

(In the event adults in the cabin are getting alcohol package, then all kids would be required to get the soda package. Otherwise, they are not, and you can buy individually once on board.)

I've always been able to purchase for myself and not DH.

If it won't allow you to go it online, you can call and do it over the phone. Or as others said, wait until onboard.