Is this a reasonable itinerary for Naples?

snookie1

My husband and I are going on a Mediterranean cruise at the end of September. We are in our 60's, and don't have any mobility issues, but our stamina is not what it used to be. We have been to Pompeii, Capri, Herculaneum, and the Amalfi Coast. We would like to see Naples proper this visit; it sounds like there is so much of interest there. My thought is to walk to Spaccanapoli first, seeing Gesu Nuovo, Santa Chiara, San Domenico Maggiore, Cappella Sansevero, Via San Gregario Armeno, San Lorenzo Maggiore, and maybe the duomo and Pio Monte dell Misericordia if there is time. Then we would walk to the Archeological Museum and take a couple of hours to peruse that, and then maybe catch a taxi back to the ship. I know this sounds ambitious. Is it doable? (our ship arrives in Naples at 7AM on a Friday, and leaves at 6:30 PM). And any suggestions where along this route we might get a good lunch -- I am thinking a nice pizza? Are the neighborhoods we will be walking through safe? Thank you for any advice you can offer.

What you have spelled out is quite achievable, even at a leisurely pace.

You can easily make a google map of your walking route, starting with Molo Angioino (the cruise port). Looking at your list, the first stop would be Chiesa Nuovo and the second would be Santa Chiara.

The only issue I can see is afternoon closing times, but I think if you leave the ship shortly after 7 that won't be a problem.

You may even find that you have the energy to walk back to the cruise port from the museum as it's all downhill, but if not there is a taxi stand right across the street from the entrance/exit of the museum.

Edited by euro cruiser