Post your boarding experience with XPRESS PASS here!

madforcruising

I know there are several threads out there already about doing out the online procedure of the XPRESS PASS.

I´m especially interested here in your experiences with the XPRESS PASS at the dock.

How does the XPRESS PASS procedure compare to the regular check-in?

Is it faster?

Is there an extra line?

What about priority check-in and XPRESS PASS for suite and CC members?

Post all your information here.

Otter - how did this compare to the non Xpress Pass lines? When we boarded Zenith in April (no Xpress pass at that time) it was also very quick, but they had a lot of check in booths and not many passengers at the time we arrived (noon).

Had a phone call from Celebrity Friday explaning the online booking was available for our cruise and encourging us to use it.

Did the online booking today took about 5 min, had no problems other them trying to figure out what they wanted in some of the drop down boxes, must have done it right as I got the boarding pass all printed out.....

Saw a post somewhere on a way to make your own luggage tags, but haven't been able to locate it. Now all I need to do is wait till sailing day.

I always do my own luggage tags.

In the edocs there is an example on the luggage tag. I use that one and copy it to an image programme to edit it. Insert Name etc.

I then print it out and laminate it, to get it water proof and not so easy to be teared off. Then it´s ready to be attached to the luggage.

I'm somewhat frustrated. I've filled out all the information several weeks (months?) ago. There are 4 categories (we fill out the first 3):

Personal & travel information

Cruise ticket contract

On board expense account

Xpress Passes

On line they list our information as follows:

Personal & travel information Complete (with green check mark)

Cruise ticket contract Complete (with green check mark)

On board expense account Complete (with green check mark)

When we get to the Xpress Passes instead of the "Complete (with green check mark)" we get a red dot with a "Not Available" comment. We can't print it out.

I've properly completed all the information requested but can't print out the Xpress Passes.

We've made final payment and there are no complications that I'm aware of.

I sent X an e-mail and asked for help. No response from them. I called the Captain's Club last week and got no help.

I think it would be a great idea if it worked.

I know there are several threads out there already about doing out the online procedure of the XPRESS PASS.

I´m especially interested here in your experiences with the XPRESS PASS at the dock.

How does the XPRESS PASS procedure compare to the regular check-in?

Is it faster?

Is there an extra line?

What about priority check-in and XPRESS PASS for suite and CC members?

Post all your information here.

I used the Xpress pass at Port Liberty on 8/6.

There was a separate line clearly marked Xpress Pass per deck. E.g. In my case I was on deck 5 and there was a line for check-in for decks 4-5 and also an Express pass line for deck 4-5.

I could not compare how fast the lines were because we got there early and all the lines were empty. In fact the whole check-in process took 5 min, and that includes the picture.

Are those of you that are having problems using a Mac instead of a PC? If so, try using Internet Explorer instead of Safari. We had the same problem but when we tried using IE we were finally able to complete the form and print out the pass.

Hope this helps.

You need to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the "Confirm Cruise Ticket Contract" (Step #2 in the process), to confirm the acceptance of all the legal terms and conditions.

Only after you have scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the terms and click on "Save and continue", will it then let you complete the process of online check-in and enable you to print out your pass.

You do need to have made final payment already.:)

Hope this helps.

You need to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the "Confirm Cruise Ticket Contract" (Step #2 in the process), to confirm the acceptance of all the legal terms and conditions.

Only after you have scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the terms and click on "Save and continue", will it then let you complete the process of online check-in and enable you to print out your pass.

You do need to have made final payment already.:)

Hope this helps.

You also need to be booked on a ship, on an itinerary and with a sailing date that's been "turned on" for Xpress pass - and not all have.

I'm using Internet Explorer on a PC.

I’ve completed all necessary steps, including clicking on “Save and continue” for step 2. The only thing I can’t do is print the Xpress Pass. In the beginning I thought it might be because final payment had not been made but that was done over 3 weeks ago.

dakrewser, I’m not sure I understand your comment “You also need to be booked on a ship, on an itinerary and with a sailing date that's been "turned on" for Xpress pass - and not all have.” What does “turned on” mean?

I had the same problem using Internet explorer on a PC my husband was able to print our pass out at work where security setting were different. If possible try a different computer.

Thanks but I've already done that too.

dakrewser, I’m not sure I understand your comment “You also need to be booked on a ship, on an itinerary and with a sailing date that's been "turned on" for Xpress pass - and not all have.” What does “turned on” mean?

It means that Xpress pass hasn't been rolled out for every cruise as yet. Did you get an email from X telling you that you could use Xpress pass for your cruise? If not, it probably isn't available for your cruise.

It means that Xpress pass hasn't been rolled out for every cruise as yet. Did you get an email from X telling you that you could use Xpress pass for your cruise? If not, it probably isn't available for your cruise.

No I haven't received an e-mail. I have seen however, on this board, that others have gone through the process and printed out their Xpress Passes for teh same cruise I am on.

No I haven't received an e-mail. I have seen however, on this board, that others have gone through the process and printed out their Xpress Passes for teh same cruise I am on.

Ah. Then, in the words of the immortal Emily Litela - Never mind. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Constellation Transatlantic, 9/10/2005, just opened up for this service. I filled out the required steps and had the boarding pass printed in about 10 minutes ( I am a slow reader and typist). Using Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 with IE 6.0 with service pack 2 updates, everything worked the first time. Now to see how it works at the pier in Dover.

I used xpress pass two weeks ago for my Millennium cruise (Venice to Barcelona). There were several check-in lines: the regular line, the line for suites, the line for CC class, the line for elite, select, and founders, and the line for xpresspass. The xpresspass line was empty, so that's where we went. And it was faster: we were processed and on our way before the people in the Captain's Club line next to us who had already started their check-in when we stepped up to the counter.

On the other hand, I've always found Celebrity's check-in to be very fast. So yeah -- maybe I saved a whole minute. But for those who have the bad luck to arrive when there's a long line, I could see those seconds adding up.

Scott

Archived