Drink Package- to do or not to do?

There appears to be some drink that are over $10- would that be the only out of pocket drink cost?

Oh....and I saw something about a discount on bottles of wine- if glasses of wine are included why would I want to buy a bottle?

You would have to make up the difference of any drink over $10.

Only a small selection of wines are available by the glass, so you may wish to purchase a bottle.

Celebrity's is much better because it includes bottled water, soda and fresh squeezed juice.

We avoid the RC one because it does not.

Sounds like Royal's Ultimate package.

The Premium package includes bottled water & soda also. And the Select package includes soda.

My friend is a nurse and found a way around the "everyone in the room has to pay for the package" rule...a doctor friend of hers wrote her a note stating she was allergic to alcohol and in turn did not drink and RCI accepted it and only charged her husband for the package. This was last fall. Now truthfully, she is NOT a big drinker...but she did use his package for a drink or two a day.

I know the ethics police will frown on this...but I wouldn't have a problem doing it!

My friend is a nurse and found a way around the "everyone in the room has to pay for the package" rule...a doctor friend of hers wrote her a note stating she was allergic to alcohol and in turn did not drink and RCI accepted it and only charged her husband for the package. This was last fall. Now truthfully, she is NOT a big drinker...but she did use his package for a drink or two a day.

I know the ethics police will frown on this...but I wouldn't have a problem doing it!

Not required anymore because Royal changed the rules in November 2013. No more requirement for all in a stateroom to purchase an alcohol package.

Not required anymore because Royal changed the rules in November 2013. No more requirement for all in a stateroom to purchase an alcohol package.

Odd...I was told by RCI that it had to be charged to every adult in the room just last month when I called to inquire about a 2015 cruise.

OH well! You never know what you'll get when you call in...

Odd...I was told by RCI that it had to be charged to every adult in the room just last month when I called to inquire about a 2015 cruise.

I wish it was odd, but unfortunately it is more the norm that the reps give oiut incorrect information.

I'm a first time cruiser, and I have a question about the drinks packages.

I was under the impression that NO drinks were provided at all - that any drinks (even non-alcoholic) at dinner would cost extra.

Can an experienced cruiser please walk me through what is actually included drinks-wise if you don't purchase a package?

Thanks!

I'm a first time cruiser, and I have a question about the drinks packages.

I was under the impression that NO drinks were provided at all - that any drinks (even non-alcoholic) at dinner would cost extra.

Can an experienced cruiser please walk me through what is actually included drinks-wise if you don't purchase a package?

Thanks!

On my most recent cruise on Splendour, complimentary drinks included water, lemonade, unsweetened iced tea, coffee and tea. Other non-alcoholic drinks such as soda or sparkling water were to be purchased. I'm not much of a soda or alcohol drinker, just the occasional soda and drink during and after dinner. So the package would not make sense for me.

I have just bought the drinks package for a cruise on FOS and have pre paid the gratuities. Will we still get charged the bar tip per drink or is tips part of the gratuities/drinks package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have just bought the drinks package for a cruise on FOS and have pre paid the gratuities. Will we still get charged the bar tip per drink or is tips part of the gratuities/drinks package?

You will not be charged any additional gratuities for drinks included in your package.

For the complimentary drinks (coffee, lemonade, tea, etc.) - are these available all the time, or just at meal times? Thanks!

Depends on the ship. Some ships have 24 hour stations with free drinks. Those that don't have these stations (usually Voyager and Freedom class) will only have water, coffee, and tea available with the other drinks at restaurants and room service.

Edited by clarea

In addition to the list above, they also have milk and juices at breakfast for no extra charge.

Is it safe to say that these beverages are available at no cost at every meal? So the drink packages for kids (as an example) would really only be in between meals?

Is it safe to say that these beverages are available at no cost at every meal? So the drink packages for kids (as an example) would really only be in between meals?

Milk is available at every meal, but juices are usually breakfast only.

Thanks for the feedback...

I'm not one to cheat, but if I'm paying over $900 for a drink package for my wife and I is it bad if I to want to slip my kid an apple juice when I can? Is it something they closely monitor?

:confused::confused:

:confused::confused:

OK, clearly the beverage police closely monitor things here and I was in the wrong for even considering giving an apple juice to a kid without having them on a beverage plan. How dare I.

I'm simply asking some questions to better understand.

For what it worth either add value to the post or or don't comment- your smiley faces with question marks don't add value.

The fruit juices at breakfast are complimentary (unless you go for the fresh squeezed orange juice). I think the poster was just confused you were trying to use your beverage package on something that is complimentary anyway.

The beverage plan is used for beverages you would have to pay for, such as soda or the premium coffee and teas, alcohol, etc.

From RCI website:

Food & Beverage

Q: Does everyone in my stateroom need to buy a beverage package?

A:

No, packages can be purchased by individual guests. Cannot be shared by multiple people.