Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

Are you talking about the first photo, the close up picture of Pride in the water? Yes, I love that one too. Glad your mom took the camera. I always make sure I have mine. :)

I've actually never been to the LLWS but have been through Williamsport. When I played little league, the PA state championships were always held in Williamsport, at least softball was, but our team didn't make it to states the year I made all-stars. I was bummed. The states were usually held in mid to late July, before the LLWS. I have a nephew who played last year and his team came in 2nd in the states (PA) but they never made it to Williamsport. I have another nephew coming up, so I'm really hoping he might get a chance to play in it. We do watch it on TV and love watching them play. I saw the video of the one coach's speech to his team (RI, I think) after they lost. So inspirational. If you'd like to send the pics, I'd love to see them. Do you still have my email?

Yeah the first I pic I posted when I started the Half Moon Cay portion of the review. Not sure which one is better....that one or the one with the ship a little further away.

Go to Williamsport next summer for the LLWS even if for only a day....the games are free, parking is free, and lunch is cheap plus you get to see some great baseball. Yes we were at that game when the Cumberland, Rhode Island coach made that speech....I heard the speech later on. It was beautiful. I have coached youth sports in the past....that was aspect those boys will always remember. No I don't have your email...I know I did at one time.

We are heading back to HMC next March...I would REALLY love to snag that huge family cabana since there are 20 of us to split the cost!!

Yeah I cruise every December with the same group of people and we are looking at the Carnival Fascination for our December 2015 cruise with a port of call stop in Half Moon Cay. We have about 18 of us who go every year....the Grand Villa would be great.

CarnivalPride-July272014189_zps901f822c.jpg

OH MY GOODNESS.. WHAT A GREAT SHOT!! this place.... is just.. AWESOME!!! cant wait to go back!!

I'm thinking this photo may have to be my new screen saver.....it is pretty great. Well done Mom!!!!! I may just be going back to Half Moon Cay in May with someone I know ;-)

Enjoying your review so far. Can't wait to read the rest. Seeing the pictures from Grand Turk brings back good memories from going there when I went on Conquest. Going back in November.

Have to agree about going on Carnival ships with the 2.0 upgrades. Love them.

What camera do you use for underwater pics? Usually use the disposable underwater camera when I go snorkeling but am looking to get an underwater camera.

Always have loved Notre Dame & pull for them. Got to root for LSU. Geaux Tigers!!! Geaux Irish!!!

Yeah the first I pic I posted when I started the Half Moon Cay portion of the review. Not sure which one is better....that one or the one with the ship a little further away.

Go to Williamsport next summer for the LLWS even if for only a day....the games are free, parking is free, and lunch is cheap plus you get to see some great baseball. Yes we were at that game when the Cumberland, Rhode Island coach made that speech....I heard the speech later on. It was beautiful. I have coached youth sports in the past....that was aspect those boys will always remember. No I don't have your email...I know I did at one time.

I know, enlarge and frame them both. :) Our email is dgieh at Comcast dot net

Wish I had some recent cruise pictures to share with you. I do have past cruises that I didn't do reviews about, since I either didn't know about CC at the time or was very new to it.

Enjoying your review so far. Can't wait to read the rest. Seeing the pictures from Grand Turk brings back good memories from going there when I went on Conquest. Going back in November.

Have to agree about going on Carnival ships with the 2.0 upgrades. Love them.

What camera do you use for underwater pics? Usually use the disposable underwater camera when I go snorkeling but am looking to get an underwater camera.

Always have loved Notre Dame & pull for them. Got to root for LSU. Geaux Tigers!!! Geaux Irish!!!

Enjoy you trip back to Grand Turk....it is definitely one of those places that you can't stay away from.

I have a Nikon S10 underwater camera. I got it as a gift about 2 years ago. You can find the same model today for about $79.00. I used to always get the disposable underwater camera from Kodak before we left on our cruise and they were $10.00 or more. For just a little more than that you can have a nice underwater digital camera. It is run on 2 AA batteries and they last quite a while....I always use the Lithium batteries. It is nice with having a digital camera in the water because you can just keep taking pictures and if you don't like some then just delete them later.

I would make the investment in an underwater camera. There are other models out there as well.

Last December on our cruise on the Sunshine a friend of mine brought me a LSU shirt (she is from Addis, LA) so I wear that when Notre Dame isn't playing :p

again loving your review, here i am book marking where I had read up to,

don't want to miss anything

I just looked at your signature and you're getting ready to head out this week on the Victory....enjoy your cruise

I am going to post some more pics today to keep you occupied until then :) ;)

Commenting to follow this thread! We leave on our first cruise on the 21st of this month and it's on the Pride!

:)

Oh enjoy your cruise on the Pride. You picked a good ship for your first cruise. And trust me when I tell you....this won't be your last cruise :) :p ;) You will be Hooked

I have sooo enjoyed reading your review.

Thank You so much. I hope you continue to enjoy the rest

I know, enlarge and frame them both. :) Our email is dgieh at Comcast dot net

Wish I had some recent cruise pictures to share with you. I do have past cruises that I didn't do reviews about, since I either didn't know about CC at the time or was very new to it.

I just changed my screensaver this morning. That photo is calling me back. I am going to upload some more pics now

OK now back to some more photos of Half Moon Cay.....

Once my dad got in the water with me for a while....we lounged around and before long they decided to head over to the Island BBQ for lunch. I stayed with our chairs....I am sure that no one would bother our stuff but it is better to be safe than sorry. So I asked my mom if she would just bring me back some lunch

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014350_zps5cec3eeb.jpg

Pavilion area

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014352_zps69f96e1c.jpg

Island BBQ.

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014353_zpsb2cd9327.jpg

Fresh Fruit anyone???

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014351_zpsa6688956.jpg

Taken on the way back from lunch

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014354_zpsaffbabdc.jpg

Does anyone know what these are???

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014357_zpsbc762cfa.jpg

Taken from our chairs on the beach

They were gone about 45 minutes for lunch and so when they returned I ate my lunch and then got back in that beautiful water again. We swam around and relaxed for another 2 hours or so before we decided it was time to get out and start getting ready to head back to the ship. We were all getting tired from the water and sun all day so we packed up our stuff, got dried off, and headed up to the tender around 3:30 pm. The last tender back to the ship was at 4:30 pm and we didn't want to wait in a huge line like we had in Grand Turk

CarnivalPride-July272014178_zps1543d676.jpg

Pirates Cove Cruise Welcome Center

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014355_zpscd7bf24f.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014179_zps0d600fc1.jpg

If you climb up those steps just to the right you can get some pretty good photos of the ship

CarnivalPride-July272014180_zps012ae311.jpg

This photo of the ship was taken from the lookout point

Edited by wrigley80

As we were waiting for the next tender I knew that I wanted to get some photos of the ship so I headed up to the top deck of the tender boat and I sat on the left side. I knew that this would ensure that I was able to get some great photos of the ship and boy was I right :)

CarnivalPride-July272014246_zps47bf1bf8.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014247_zps1c55496c.jpg

I love this picture. With the ship centered between the rocks

CarnivalPride-July272014248_zps5a598178.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014249_zpsffeb1d04.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014250_zpsf6cd2cad.jpg

The next time you are in Half Moon Cay and want some great photos of the ship be sure to sit on the left side of the tender boat. My mom and dad sat down below....they had enough sun during the day on the island :p

CarnivalPride-July272014251_zps2598ac7b.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014252_zps24e70584.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014253_zps6e25ed57.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014254_zps813b1472.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014255_zps27853619.jpg

Uh oh the ship is powering up....I hope it isn't leaving without me....WAIT on second thought go ahead and leave me I am in Half Moon Cay

Ah, Half Moon Cay... in my 7 Carnival cruises I have only been there once. :( Your photos are beautiful and I just love the colour of the water there (and in Grand Turk, too). Fortunately we got our fix in GT in July on Freedom. Fantasy was also there, so the pool was a little busier than it was for you. Lucky you. :p :D

Heather

Now remember when I said that my mom and dad sat down on the first deck of the tender boat so that they could stay out of the sun. My mom took my other camera and took some photos as we headed back to the ship

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014361_zpscbd9f872.jpg

The next tender waiting to load passengers

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014365_zps74b6caec.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014366_zpsec079be6.jpg

The Captain Morgan Bar

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014370_zps90a482dc.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014372_zpsf77faaab.jpg

They are waiting for us

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014368_zpsc2a7c947.jpg