Terminal check in with cash deposit?

rgmiller66

On my last sailing I wanted to do the same and was told they don't accept cash at check in as they have no money drawer. You checkin without card and then can make a deposit on the ship at guest services.

You can make purchases on board without a deposit so you don't need to run to guest services immediately, you can feel free to buy a drink or something and do it when there is no line. You will be asked to make a deposit if you spend over $200 on board without having a credit card on file.

Edited by aerospace

But don't wait too long to put your money on deposit because they WILL suspend your charging ability if you wait beyond the first day.
Even if you plan to pay for your account with cash, it is easiest simply to set up a credit card account when you check in at embarkation on the first day.

That eliminates any hassles or need to waste your vacation time getting called down to Guest Relations and standing in line periodically to deposit more money.

Near the end of the cruise, you can just go down there at your own convenience to switch your account from credit card to cash, if that is your preference.

But with a cash account you still have the nuisance of needing to stand in line on the last day, either to pay off the remaining balance due or to withdraw your refund.

Except for those passengers who are dealing with currency conversion issues, it is easiest and most advantageous for most just to leave the account on a credit card.

I use my credit card that gives me 3X the rewards points. I then pay it off as soon as we get back from the cruise. My card has given me many vouchers in dollars that I use to pay for the next cruise. My card is issued by my Travel Agency and also Emergency Road Service Provider that's over 100 Years Old.

It's fine to cruise on Celebrity and pay your XPress pass charges in cash, but if you have a credit card, don't leave home without bringing it along. Too many things can cause you to need emergency supplies, a plane ticket home even, and without a credit card in your possession it can be very difficult to arrange things when unforeseen events occur.

Put the credit card on file then put cash on your account at Guest Services. No big bucks on your next credit card bill and you have no issues on the ship - including getting off on disembarkment which if you owe them any money will be a huge headache. Although I am a big fan of getting those credit card points which costs you nothing if you pay off your balance every month.