Another Price Drop and more OBC!

SLCfirsttimer

Booked on my first Princess Cruise this September. We've made our final payment and have noticed a recent price drop. Is there any point in calling? Or do OBC's and price drops only work prior to final payment?

Generally, price drops after final payment are restricted to new bookings only, as at that point, Princess just wants to fill up the empty cabins. Sure, it doesn't hurt to ask; have your TA see what they can do. Just don't get your hopes up.

To avoid this angst, I never check prices after I'm paid in full. I wouldn't have booked in the first place if I weren't happy with the price, so I don't look back once I give my TA the buy order. As Edith Piaf so memorably said, Je ne regrette rien. I'm pretty sure she wasn't talking about cruising, of course, but still . . .

Booked on my first Princess Cruise this September. We've made our final payment and have noticed a recent price drop. Is there any point in calling? Or do OBC's and price drops only work prior to final payment?

I had made my final payment before I found this price drop, they still gave it to me. I think (not entirely certain) that they will honor the drops up until your final payment was due, even if you have already paid in full. They will simply credit the drop amount back to your credit card.

I would say check prices and give them a call if it is lower. The worst they can say is no, and on the flip side they may just say yes and you end up with a few more bucks in your pocket.

Good luck!

Then each day when you sign on, go to "My Princess" and your saved cruise will show up.

You will be able to click on the "update price" button and any changes will show up. Hope this helps.

Thanks Bigenna, I had been doing that and thanks to everyone else - I will check out the CC update tool also.

We were happy with our price for the Cherry Blossom as the launch fare was a little lower than we paid for 46 night cruise in 2011 - so still happy, even got surprised by the obc we got from Princess with our FCC.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about price reductions after the final payment was made. We are also past the final payment due date.

I called Princess today and just asked about price reductions we had seen online. I said I gathered we didn't qualify since we were past the final payment due date. She said no, we might still qualify... and almost immediately were processing a $300 refund for us!! She mentioned that if they still have availability on the cruise, they can re-fare the booking! Turns out on this sailing there is availability, so voila!!

Now I can go snorkeling with the sea turtles and not worry about how expensive the excursion is!!

First cruise with Princess. So far I'm impressed!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about price reductions after the final payment was made. We are also past the final payment due date.

I called Princess today and just asked about price reductions we had seen online. I said I gathered we didn't qualify since we were past the final payment due date. She said no, we might still qualify... and almost immediately were processing a $300 refund for us!! She mentioned that if they still have availability on the cruise, they can re-fare the booking! Turns out on this sailing there is availability, so voila!!

Now I can go snorkeling with the sea turtles and not worry about how expensive the excursion is!!

First cruise with Princess. So far I'm impressed!

WOW! That's fantastic, congrats! Enjoy your cruise.

What wonderful news and such a surprise. Unfortunately, we seem to book cruises that are either sold out when final payment is due or our cabin choice is overbooked so have never received such a lovely bonus.

Enjoy.

Jennie