Zuiderdams last trip before dry dock..issues????

Jldevlin

I was on the Zuiderdam in August and just walked off the ship this morning. The Crows Nest private room was under constructions in August but is now completed. Also they were doing some other repairs to the windows but that seems to be completed.

Overall the ship is in good condition. They all can use a bit windex on the outside windows. I thought the ship was in good condition.

• 2 months later...

We are booked on the Zuiderdam cruise from 14 April (22 days Rome to Rome), so there are two weeks available from 31 March for the dry-dock prior to our embarkation. But I am generally optimistic ... and I trust the ship will be sparkling after the work. We have a D Class Oceanview, and it was a very good price (including the Beverage Package for each of us).

Looking forward to it ... it has a great set of ports in the itinerary ... we'll hardly notice the ship!

Edited by Cargill

We were on the Ryndam just before a dry dock back in 2010. There no problems that we encountered during the cruise. The day of disembarkation there was some noise very early on the Lido deck, which our room was directly under, from stacking chairs, tables etc. After we arrived in port they immediately started bringing on shipping containers. I seem to remember a big sale in all of the shops, in order to reduce inventory before arriving in port. Nothing that detracted from our cruise at all.

We are booked on the Zuiderdam cruise from 14 April (22 days Rome to Rome), so there are two weeks available from 31 March for the dry-dock prior to our embarkation. But I am generally optimistic ... and I trust the ship will be sparkling after the work. We have a D Class Oceanview, and it was a very good price (including the Beverage Package for each of us).

Looking forward to it ... it has a great set of ports in the itinerary ... we'll hardly notice the ship!

I'm with you Cargill ! I am an optimist and have been on a few HAL cruises and have never had a major issue about the state of the ship .

And you are right we will be so busy in the many great ports that we are doing on this cruise during the day , and having the Beverage Package is a great benefit that we did not even take into account when we booked , major bonus ! .

Looking forward to this cruise and looking forward to meet you ! :D

On top of that we also booked the maiden voyage of the "Koningsdam " another great adventure , sure there will be some issues but you can't beat the exitement that will be there for the first few weeks ! Keep on sailing !

Edited by sailingdutchy