What Airlines have good routes from South Florida to Vancouver?

SeaWatch

Amtrak has two trains out of Seattle, one early in the morning (as noted) and a second one at 6:50 pm. Either way you will have to overnight somewhere prior to your cruise, there no real convenient train out of Seattle that will get you to the pier in time for the sailaway. The Quick Shuttle might be your best option. The shuttle passes through customs and immigration at the boarder, the train does it in Vancouver at the station. (Go train!).

Amtrak has only one train scheduled to run between Vancouver and Seattle in summer 2015.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

It's not easy to get from Vancouver to Florida or vice versa. We have been to Disneyworld many times and usually connect in SEA or drive to SEA and fly Alaska Air non stop to Florida. I think they have non stops to Orlando and Fort Lauderdale right now, but they have done them to Miami and Tampa in the past. It definitely adds a whole day of travel at each end.

This is why we've never taken a Caribbean cruise. It doesn't appeal to me enough to spend so much time travelling.

If you want to fly into YVR, United from Florida changing in Houston is another option. They usually have 2 flights per day during cruise season. I avoid Dallas/Fort Worth and AA after having flights cancelled through there twice last year.

Don't bother checking Bellingham. Flights to/from are very limited and from Florida you'd have to change in Seattle anyway.

The proven plan for traveling to Vancouver for our Noordam cruise next May is flying Southwest Airlines to Seattle two days before the cruise, renting a car, spending the night in Seattle, and driving to Vancouver.

Return trip is a rental car from the Vancouver airport to Seattle for an overnight stay before a return flight home the next day.

There is a Hertz and Avis drop-off office five blocks from the cruise terminal. We have never been able to get a car returning back to the USA from the drop-off office.

The net savings for the two of us driving is around $600 and the average border delay each way has been 25 minutes.

I think your best bet is to fly to Seattle, and AS (Alaska) is, typically, your most likely choice to get nonstop flights into SEA.

Unless you have Nexus cards, I would avoid the temptation to book a connection through to YVR--you will boost your airfare, while simply adding the dubious pleasure of getting around SEA, waiting for your connection, and then clearing Customs and Immigration at YVR.

The Quickshuttle is a great option: http://www.quickcoach.com

There are five (some days six) trips a day, (last one is 1800, so plan your arrival, accordingly). There are planned dropoffs throughout Vancouver, and the drivers should be able to get you close to your hotel. If you are staying at the Waterfront or the Pan Pacific, you will be dropped off right there.

On the return, there is a special departure from the pier at 9 am on weekends (Friday through Monday, inclusive), as well as two regular departures after that.

You can book online or by phone.

The proven plan for traveling to Vancouver for our Noordam cruise next May is flying Southwest Airlines to Seattle two days before the cruise, renting a car, spending the night in Seattle, and driving to Vancouver.

Return trip is a rental car from the Vancouver airport to Seattle for an overnight stay before a return flight home the next day.

There is a Hertz and Avis drop-off office five blocks from the cruise terminal. We have never been able to get a car returning back to the USA from the drop-off office.

The net savings for the two of us driving is around $600 and the average border delay each way has been 25 minutes.

This actually makes sense - but beware of crossing the border on Friday mornings or anytime over a long weekend. 3 hours is not unusual to have to wait.

Amtrak has only one train scheduled to run between Vancouver and Seattle in summer 2015.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

I've checked with the Amtrak users group (yes, there is one) and there is no buzz about trimming the schedule. Indeed, there is buzz about adding a third train. No firm date, 'though.