Sail away partys!

As a newer cruiser I hear a lot on out sail away party's and get togethers. How do you find out about these?we don't go thru a travel agent so I'm not sure who to ask. We've sailed Holland America, Princess and RCL. Any help would be appreciated..

Usually you can get a sail away party organized with your roll call. Once you have a cruise booked, you can go to this section, find your ship and date, and connect with your fellow cruisers:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

So how many cruise have you been on? Which cruise line you like best. We like caribbean. We've been on 3 so pretty new to it but love it.want to go in January.any tips??

We've been on a bunch of cruises, but all but one on Royal. We like Southern Caribbean the best.

As a newer cruiser I hear a lot on out sail away party's and get togethers. How do you find out about these?we don't go thru a travel agent so I'm not sure who to ask. We've sailed Holland America, Princess and RCL. Any help would be appreciated..

Usually you can get a sail away party organized with your roll call. Once you have a cruise booked, you can go to this section, find your ship and date, and connect with your fellow cruisers:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Hello Hannah,

This is a great question as I have been involved with many, many Sail-Away Parties.

We, like Bob, have been on many cruises - we have been cruising since 1991. We started sailing with Royal in the early 2000s and are always on our cruises Roll Call page here on Cruise Critic (The best place to meet your fellow PAX). On one of our earliest cruises a couple of other passengers set up what we called an "Un-Official a Meet & Mingle" in the Schooner Bar Lounge at 2:30PM on sail-away day.

I have kept this tradition on all my cruises since then.

You would be surprised how many people will show up to meet fellow passengers they are sailing with, meet the people they have been conversing with on Cruise Critic, people are in a "vacation-mode" with all their troubles left on the pier.

Also - 2:30PM is an ideal time as most people are on board, had lunch, checked out their cabin, and are just waiting to sail.

So - how to do this - easy - simply announce your "Un-Official Meet & Mingle" on your cruise Roll Call. It's a great way to get a conversation started and meet new friends.

I have found many people have their own traditions during actual sail-away, some like to go to their balcony, others go to the helipad if the ship is so equipped - you can continue the sail-away party after the life-boat drill say at the Pool Bar.............It's strictly up to you!

Good luck - get involved - you'll be glad you did.

Glenn

Thanks so much Glenn you've been very helpful. We plan to cruise again in January or February.hopefully southern Caribbean. We really love to cruise. I never thought I'd like it. But it is one of the fun things my wife and I love to do. Maybe we will see you on a cruise sometime. I will get on roll call when time gets closer..Larry and Cindy