Coasta Magica Western Carribbean

latadj98

I was curious what the atmosphere is on the Magica Caribbean cruise. I've only cruised once before on RC and found it very "tropical" spirited which really made it fun. Can anyone share their experience(s) on the Magica in the Caribbean ?? My wife and 2 teen children will be sailing 3/26/05.

• 2 weeks later...

...We've cruised on several lines, but never had the pleasure of sailing Costa. We're also thinking about the Costa Magica for next March and were also wondering about the demographics. Tend to be older? Younger? Early risers? Night owls? My very first cruise was in 1985 on Home Lines and enjoyed the Italian crew. Any feedback?

• 1 month later...

We've just booked on Costa's 3/26 sailing of the Magica - a few families with young children (5-10 yrs). :) Our first cruise with the kids along and we're looking very forward to it. Is there a roll call discussion going yet? Also, are there any "theme" nights on Costa besides formal?

Thanks,

WardIdaho

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure about their Carribean sailings but I read the Costa Toga parties are fun and a great way to be able to pack most everything else except what you need for the next day the night before departure... If anyone has details on Carribean experiences I'd appreciate it!

On the Costa Atlantica Jan/04, the last night was "toga" night. Bring you own toga or use the supplied toga - a flat white sheet with a couple of safety pins and folding/draping instructions. Tha cabin stewards are adept in fixing togas. These togas are not immune to gravity. At least 50% of the passengars participated.

The toga night show in the theatre was an absolute riot. There was no choreography, the captain played Julius Caesar, the cruise director was Cleopatra with lions on the stage and rehearsed entertainment from the passenger talent pool. Depending on the mood of the audience and the whims of Caesar, some passenger entertainers were either sent to the lions or to the buffet line. The entertainment staff was full of impromtu antics.

What it will be like on the Magica? It should be the same, but we will not know until mid December as it will be her maiden trip to the Caribbean.

The kids, now young teenagers are looking forward to the trip, toga night and dressing up for the dinners.

Archived